Gransnet forums

Food

Loads if turkey to get rid of- HELP!

(27 Posts)
Craftycat Sat 26-Dec-20 11:22:07

I was expecting to feed 6 on Christmas Day but then we were put into tier 4 & family could not come. I had bought a huge turkey as my DGC can eat for England.
We ate quite large portions yesterday but there is a huge amount left over- I have cut it all off & frozen 6 large bags of meat.
There is soup being made from carcass in pressure cooker but I need some inspiration for turkey leftover meals please. I usually do a pie & a risotto but something different would be nice.
Even the cats are turning their little pink noses up at it already.
Today we have to work our way through masses of different cheeses!!
One good thing came out of it though as DS dashed out & bought a turkey & was on the phone all morning asking me what to do next. He is really chuffed that he made a full roast turkey dinner- I told him he is cooking next year!!

Elegran Sun 27-Dec-20 10:35:00

I am planning a turkey and sausage pie (the sausage part being recycled pigs in blankets) using frozen pastry and well-seasoned white sauce. I'll also make turkey-leekie soup once I have the leeks. There were no giblets or bones with the turkey crown to make stock, but I have chicken stock for the soup. The rest of the meat will be either sliced or cubed and frozen in small quantities.