Gransnet forums

Food

Can one buy tomato juice?

(33 Posts)
ElderlyPerson Thu 13-May-21 17:51:59

Is it possible to buy tomato juice?

Tomato juice with salt, yes.

Tomato juice with citric acid, yes.

Tomato juice with other stuff added, yes.

But tomato juice, just tomato juice?

And can it be bought in three packs each of 200 millilitres or so? Fruit juices can be bought that way, but not tomato juice as far as I know.

Katek Fri 14-May-21 22:27:44

Schweppes still make a 200ml bottle of tomato juice-it has a little salt but don’t think there are any other additives.

NotSpaghetti Fri 14-May-21 23:04:10

Here’s another:
thetomatostall.co.uk/shop/product/pure-tomato-juice-200ml

NotSpaghetti Fri 14-May-21 23:06:03

Oh, and a bigger one:
thetomatostall.co.uk/shop/product/pure-tomato-juice-500ml

AlAlex Thu 27-May-21 01:06:37

I guess it is easier to make tomato juice by yourself.

Pinkarolina Thu 27-May-21 07:04:34

How about buying a tube of tomato purée and making up a drink with it by diluting it with warm water?

25Avalon Thu 27-May-21 08:54:58

Pure organic tomato juice from The Tomato Stall using Isle of Wight tomatoes. Comes in 500 ml bottles. Once opened it does need to be stored in a fridge and used up in 5 days. You can buy it online and have a repeat subscription at www.thetomato stall.co.uk

Elegran Thu 27-May-21 09:00:59

Elderly Person "So if I had a litre of tomato juice and drank say, a third of it and put the rest in the fridge then when I wanted to drink some I would need to dechill it in some way, perhaps pouring some into a glass, covering it and then stand it for hours." No, a splash of boiling water would dechill it much faster than that (watch out you don't crack the glass). Refrigerating it isn't relevant anyway as you don't have a fridge.