Gransnet forums

Food

Breadmakers

(33 Posts)
Devorgilla Mon 19-Jul-21 10:32:40

Anyone used the 'Lakeland' one who can give me the lowdown on their experience of it? Suggestions for other makes useful too. I used to knead my own but haven't made bread in a long while and I am thinking of buying one. Thank you in advance.

Marydoll Sat 26-Feb-22 08:38:31

I use my Panasonic one all the time. I made blueberry jam in it the other day, with fruit from my Lidl veggie box! A great success.
I have had a a couple of other makes over the years, but this is the best one.

Mapleleaf Sat 26-Feb-22 12:06:44

Devorgilla, I’ve not encountered any problems putting ingredients in and leaving until the time comes for the machine to start the kneading and baking process. However, I think it has a timer limit of about 12 hours, if memory serves me right, so if I wanted bread to be ready for about, for example, 8am, I’d put the ingredients in the pan when I was ready, eg about 8pm and set it on its timer, but I can’t really see a problem loading your pan up ready before then (maybe leave the water until you switch it on), and then set it going a bit later - just don’t forget to switch it on! ?. Hope that helps.

Parsley3 Sat 26-Feb-22 12:34:52

I have had my Panasonic basic model for years and rarely buy bread now. Sorry, but I don't have a solution to the blade making a hole in the bottom of the loaf. Does this happen with other brands too?

Tizliz Sat 26-Feb-22 15:08:03

My bread maker has a 13 hr delay, use it all the time. Put your water in first then put the flour on top and spread it evenly then the rest of the ingredients in separate corners.

No cure for the hole! Several makes have tried but nothing is very successful.

Mapleleaf Sat 26-Feb-22 16:12:42

I think different bread makers probably have different methods for ordering ingredients, then Tizliz - my machine (Panasonic) says to add the liquid last.
Yeast, then flour, then sugar, salt and dried milk (if using), butter then finally the water and any other wet ingredients if the recipe calls for them.

Devorgilla Sat 26-Feb-22 16:14:49

Thank you for the advice. I'll give it a try.

Mapleleaf Sat 26-Feb-22 16:15:29

That should say “my machine instructions say…” ( The machine doesn’t talk to me ??).