Gransnet forums

Food

Ginger Grundy

(13 Posts)
mozzane Sat 28-Aug-21 16:02:55

Does anyone have a recipe for ginger grundy? I can’t find it anywhere!

Greenfinch Sat 28-Aug-21 16:12:56

I have just googled it. Sounds delicious! Lots of marmalade, pineapple and cream .I must try it.

Amberone Sat 28-Aug-21 19:06:22

Found this one - sounds yum, never heard of it before

Ginger Grundy

300 ml fresh double cream
50 g butter
175g crumbed ginger biscuits
375g tin of crushed pineapple drained
5 level tbsp of marmalade
1.5 tsp of ground ginger
Whipped cream and stem ginger to decorate
Melt butter and mix with 125g of crumbed biscuits. place biscuit mixture into an 8" flan tin, put in fridge.
Whip cream until thick and stir in the pineapple, marmalade and ginger. Spoon mixture into flan tin, sprinkle remaining biscuits over the top. Refrigerate, then remove from tin and dust with icing sugar. Decorate with whirls of cream and stem ginger.

Elegran Sat 28-Aug-21 20:08:37

I used to make a dessert with almost the same ingredients.

300 ml fresh double cream, whipped
1 packet ginger biscuits
375g tin of crushed pineapple drained
Whipped cream and stem ginger to decorate

Drain the pineapple, saving the juice in a shallow bowl. Dip each biscuit into the juce and pile them up, with a spoonful of crushed pineapple between each biscuit. Turn the pile on its side and cover it with whipped cream, decorated with stem ginger. Eat it fairly soon, as the colour seeps through from the bicuits to the cream and spoils the effect (but it still tastes great)

Shelflife Sat 28-Aug-21 20:31:03

Never heard of it , sounds delicious ?

Amberone Sat 28-Aug-21 20:50:30

I also saw one where the cream/ginger mixture was used to sandwich the biscuits together to create a roll, then covered with the rest of the cream mixture and stem ginger.

Blinko Sun 29-Aug-21 08:04:37

Calorie free, is it?

Amberone Sun 29-Aug-21 18:35:48

Blinko lets face it, it's not something you would even think about if you were watching calories. It's not something I would make for every day, but it sounds quite nice as a pud for a special occasion when people are visiting. But not if you're counting the calories.

mozzane Mon 30-Aug-21 01:17:09

My grandmother used to make it for my mother, hence the search for the recipe as her birthday is coming up. Not everything in life is about calories and I feel sorry for you if you think of everything in that manner. Let alone the fact one dessert would make no difference. Take your negativity elsewhere .

fatgran57 Mon 30-Aug-21 02:34:46

I think Blinko was just joking smile

mozzane Mon 30-Aug-21 04:00:12

oops ?

Blinko Mon 30-Aug-21 09:08:49

fatgran57

I think Blinko was just joking smile

grin

MiniMoon Mon 30-Aug-21 09:48:40

I used to make something similar. Mine had crushed rich tea biscuit base, and then a layer of butter cream. Whipped cream and crushed pineapple.