Gransnet forums

Food

Ready meals - any favourites?

(154 Posts)
Witzend Tue 12-Oct-21 11:17:32

We rarely have them, but after a week of childcare help while dd is away for work, I picked up a couple on the (final) way home yesterday. M&S big Yorkshire puds with sliced beef, gravy and potatoes inside. I’d usually go for something SE Asian but we really enjoyed them, with cabbage and carrots which were in the fridge anyway.

In the past dh has really enjoyed a Waitrose Nasi Goreng - he got hooked on it during a year based in Jakarta.

Any absolute favourites? No sniffy comments, please, I do virtually always cook from scratch!

Smurf52 Fri 15-Oct-21 18:57:52

I live on my own so I order a batch of COOK ready made meals to put in the freezer. They are more tasty than the ready meals in shops.

Before I broke my ankle I had Mindful Chef deliveries. They supply all the ingredients for quick recipes that you cook.

25Avalon Sat 16-Oct-21 14:42:20

Cathedral City Cauliflower Cheese is now available at Iceland. At the moment it’s 2 for £5. I like their macaroni cheese so next time I order I’ll give this a try.

Magrithea Sun 17-Oct-21 18:45:53

Have a look at Cook )www.cookfood.net) - their meals are delicious and taste home cooked. My 'go to' when I know we'll both be out and late home