Gransnet forums

Food

What’s for tea?

(294 Posts)
Baggs Thu 11-Aug-22 17:34:20

We had eggs baked in avocados on a base of beluga lentils and leeks

Grandmadinosaur Sat 13-Aug-22 20:04:30

Lamb burgers, salad and garlic bread. An orange after as low on my fruit intake today.

Mogsmaw Sat 13-Aug-22 20:05:22

Dh made Asian beef salad (800 diet recipes) followed by a bottle of Prosecco, to celebrate world Prosecco day!

PollyDolly Sat 13-Aug-22 20:13:57

Cheese salad: homegrown tomatoes, homegrown cucumber, homegrown beetroot, homegrown spring onions, shop bought lettuce, shop bought cheese, all topped off with a sliced large Jaffa orange........blooming tasty!!

Sago Sat 13-Aug-22 20:22:51

Our fave summer salad with home made Thai style burgers.

bridie54 Sat 13-Aug-22 20:24:21

Ours was fish cakes with carrots, and potatoes freshly dug this morning from the community garden where I volunteer. Individual tiramisu (Aldi’s) with my home grown blueberries. All ?. I do like weekends when we have desserts.

lixy Sat 13-Aug-22 20:29:46

Mixed green salad with avocado, olives and hard boiled eggs. A dollop of couscous on the side. None left!

hollysteers Sat 13-Aug-22 20:30:07

Ham salad and small potatoes followed by a slice of lemon drizzle cake and a cup of hot chocolate.

travelsafar Sat 13-Aug-22 20:57:39

Ham salad with new potatoes. Followed by salted caramel chocolate ice cream lolly (aldi) they are so yummy. ?

aggie Sat 13-Aug-22 21:21:52

3 mandarins and a lemon yogurt , too warm to cook or eat

Pammie1 Sat 13-Aug-22 21:46:54

HowVeryDareYou

bacon, poached eggs, baked beans

My OH introduced me to bacon and beans on toast with scrambled egg - delish. This is really unhealthy but after the bacon is fried, I love the beans tossed into the pan and bubbled up. Not to be indulged too often but when you do, enjoy !!

Pammie1 Sat 13-Aug-22 21:49:06

merlotgran

I use Jamie Oliver’s gf pizza dough recipe, Pammie.

Will look it up, thanks. I love Jamie.

Witzend Sat 13-Aug-22 21:57:20

Just couldn’t BA to cook - so hot here. So 2 x vegetable chow mein from M&S, followed by luscious fat black British cherries, also M&S.
Hardly ever have ready meals but that’s 2 days in a row now! ?

Katyj Sun 14-Aug-22 06:31:49

Fish fingers small potatoes and broccoli didn’t enjoy it at all, it was a strange combination for us ?The best bit was the mini magnum for afters.

MrsKen33 Sun 14-Aug-22 09:33:46

Tonight. Steak and beans from the garden. I might do DH a few small potatoes. Pudding,? I haven’t decided yet .

Fernbergien Sun 14-Aug-22 09:45:02

Sweet potato jacket with Coronation chicken on top. Had salted caramel ice cream earlier.

Abitbarmy Sun 14-Aug-22 09:57:34

Beetroot risotto as have a surplus of beetroot from the allotment. Most things haven’t fared well but for the first time I’m having great success with beets. A BBC recipe, haven’t tried it before so hope it’s good. Rasps to follow, they are suffering from the heat but still picking some every day.

henetha Sun 14-Aug-22 10:56:00

One son is coming to dinner later. A chicken quarter each with sweet potato fries, and salad for me. (he hates salad).
Very simple today as I am without an oven at the moment.

HowVeryDareYou Mon 15-Aug-22 22:22:13

baked cod, mashed potatoes, peas, broccoli, green beans. Mint Cornetto afterwards

grannydarkhair Mon 15-Aug-22 23:49:40

Scampi, chips, peas and sweetcorn, cucumber, beetroot.

Sago Mon 15-Aug-22 23:51:46

Roast pork cooked with Asian spices served with vegetable stir fry and of course the crackling.
Pork and apricot tagine with the leftover tomorrow.

Baggs Tue 16-Aug-22 14:55:41

Lamb chops with a tian of aubergine, courgette and bell peppers.

Marmight Tue 16-Aug-22 15:03:25

Got stuck in the garage today waiting for a recall check. Starving when I left so popped into local M&S and picked up a ready meal which I’ve just eaten/hoovered up. Cod mornay with peas’n mash reduced to £1.37. Not my usual style. It would have been ratatouille tonight but I’ve killed 2 birds with one stone ?

merlotgran Tue 16-Aug-22 15:17:27

Pork and chickpea curry this evening and there will probably be enough leftover to shove in a pitta bread for lunch tomorrow.

MrsKen33 Tue 16-Aug-22 15:45:50

Pork chops with blue cheese sauce. Runner beans from the garden and broccoli. We don’t eat potatoes very often .

Witzend Tue 16-Aug-22 16:05:07

Ready made tortellini with spinach and ricotta, and ready made tomato/basil sauce. Salad if I can be bothered to make any. Dh away tonight, so it’s just me.

I did just about cook last night - at least I boiled some mini new potatoes for potato salad, to have with cold ham and salad, which I did bother to make.