Gransnet forums

Food

Basic Air Fryer Advise please

(29 Posts)
Grantanow Mon 27-Feb-23 13:02:50

My air fryer seems to cook a bit more quickly than the electric oven - best to set the timer about 10% less and check occasionally. One soon gets the hang of it.

Theexwife Mon 27-Feb-23 11:09:28

Think of it as a small powerful oven, cooking time and temperature should be reduced by about 10%.

I find that things like pastry and cakes brown too quickly as the element is closer but a bit of foil sorts that out.

Chips, breaded items, roast potatoes and jacket potatoes are much nicer cooked in the air fryer. The only thing I haven't been able to do is Pizza because it doesn't fit.

Since having mine, about 4 months, I have put on 7lb as I used to just eat a sandwich or ready meal , now I cook and eat more.

timetogo2016 Mon 27-Feb-23 11:05:27

Sausages,bacon,hash browns,chops,chicken breasts,chicken dippers ,pizza cook really well in an air fryer.
It`s trial and error to start with.
Once you get the hang of it,you will learn to enjoy it KateyKrunch,we couldn`t do without ours.

Kateykrunch Mon 27-Feb-23 10:56:29

I am picking up an Airfryer from Argos this afternoon and would really appreciate some, just basic advise please, for a non domestic Goddess who is of the pierce and ping (microwave cookery) school of meal prep. I will of course start with chips, roast potatoes and jacket potatoes. Any tips gratefully received. I am aware there are many threads on this topic, but just need a basic start. Thank you.