Gransnet forums

Food

What's for dinner today?

(1001 Posts)
HowVeryDareYou2 Fri 03-Mar-23 18:14:04

I've just cooked cheesy-breadcrumbed Basa, with sweet potatoes and oven-roasted Mediterranean vegetables. (It's a Gousto recipe I had ages ago) Gorgeous.

Madgran77 Wed 25-Oct-23 13:57:34

Homemade fishbpie. Sslmon; cod ; prawns in parsley sauce topped with mash and baked. Crispy on top of mashed potato. My husband speciality dish! Yummy and I font have to do a thing! 🙂

Whitewavemark2 Tue 24-Oct-23 23:13:29

Locanta stew followed by apple and almond pudding with cream.

Jaxjacky Tue 24-Oct-23 21:09:02

ann I use tinned lentils and add half a tin to a cottage pie.

Smoked haddock, cauli with Parmesan crust, new potatoes and peas.

Desdemona Tue 24-Oct-23 20:23:29

M&S Garlic Mushroom Pie with mashed potato, broccoli, white cabbage and carrots. I bought a pouch of their vegan gravy to have with it, was very nice.

Callistemon21 Tue 24-Oct-23 19:25:31

Home-made chicken, leek and potato soup made with the leftovers of chicken cooked in the slow cooker, which had made plenty of good stock.
(DH had a dental extraction today.)

Kim19 Tue 24-Oct-23 19:17:14

I'm still reveling in the afterglow of the Chinese Buffet lunch I had today. Absolutely wonderful and....sure beats cooking an evening meal.

JaneJudge Tue 24-Oct-23 18:21:39

I have life envy now on this thread grin

Sago Tue 24-Oct-23 18:21:33

I’ve got a lentil,chickpea and vegetable dhal in the pressure cooker, I made the chicken stock from Sundays roast.
I’m hoping it will help my very sore throat.

Frenchgalinspain Tue 24-Oct-23 18:12:34

AnnSixty,

I do lentils or chickpeas or white cannelli or northern white beans all soaked overnight ..

See photo ..

Frenchgalinspain Tue 24-Oct-23 18:08:18

Anne,

If using dry lentils, they must be soaked overnight in water without salt ..

Frenchgalinspain Tue 24-Oct-23 18:07:07

Chef Dani García
Restaurant Bibo
Madrid Capital

Working today and no time to travel home.

However, tomorrow I will be working remote.

annsixty Mon 23-Oct-23 18:09:29

Witzend I am not used to veggie cooking and don’t usually eat lentils but do you add lentils dry without cooking them first and can you do the same with green lentils?

Witzend Mon 23-Oct-23 17:59:14

‘School dinner mince’ - or rather my version of it - semi veggie, with red lentils and plenty of finely chopped veg, plus a tin of baked beans added at the end.

Dh will eat and enjoy anything - he’s totally unfussy - but this is one of his favourites. With boiled or mashed potatoes and probably Savoy cabbage tonight, since I’ve got some that needs using up.

Frenchgalinspain Mon 23-Oct-23 17:05:34

Greek SPANAKOPITA ..

dogsmother Sun 22-Oct-23 13:03:39

I’m back in to report that today it is a chicken Kiev, with various green vegetables and mashed potatoes. I’m very excited.

Charleygirl5 Sun 22-Oct-23 11:18:22

Tonight will be Tempura prawns and French fries done in the air fryer. I will cook mushrooms and a selection of vegetables separately. Quick and energy efficient.

Witzend Sat 21-Oct-23 19:40:12

Macaroni cheese with the remains of cauliflower and broccoli chucked in. Breadcrumbs and extra cheese on top, whack under the grill.

Callistemon21 Sat 21-Oct-23 18:34:55

Stir fry beef, vegetables, Singapore noodles with green Thai curry sauce
(Thank you M&S)

GrannyGravy13 Sat 21-Oct-23 16:29:28

Very retro at GravyGrange this evening, avocado and prawns, followed by duck breasts with orange sauce, dauphinois potatoes and green beans.

Jaxjacky Sat 21-Oct-23 16:16:07

And repeat..

Turkey sausages, mash and baked beans, MrJ’s pièce de résistance 🙂.

Frenchgalinspain Sat 21-Oct-23 15:56:20

Saturday is our usual eat out afternoon for something a little different.

Today was Sechzuan ..
Gran Via - Madrid

annsixty Wed 18-Oct-23 20:15:29

My GD’s friend came for supper straight from work and I made a chicken Tikka Masala from a Sharwood’s cook in sauce.
I added an onion, a large red pepper and it was delicious even if very lazy.
The rice which I always cook hours before, chill immediately with very cold water and the refrigerate was really good when reheated in the microwave.
A ready made ,easily cooked meal with no stress.
I like it!!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 18-Oct-23 19:40:04

My fish finger sandwich was scrummy, wholemeal bread, tartare sauce and a bowl of salad leaves, tomatoes and beetroot.

JaneJudge Wed 18-Oct-23 19:39:26

Like jacjacky it was rainy weather food!

JaneJudge Wed 18-Oct-23 19:38:30

I did lamb chops, mashed potato, carrots, green beans, onion sauce, gravy and mint sauce from a jar. It was very satisfying to be honest

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion