Gransnet forums

Food

Take aways

(5 Posts)
Gingster Sat 03-Oct-26 16:45:24

As we (well I) had been so busy , we thought we’d treat ourselves to fish and chips from the best shop in town.
1hr and a half later it arrived and it was the wrong order. Instead of 1 cod, 1 plaice and chips we got large chips and 1 battered sausage.
Phoned the shop and although apologetic said the delivery is down to just Eat. Of course I can’t get through to them.
We ate the sausage and a few chips as we were so hungry.

Won’t be doing that again! 😡

Georgesgran Sat 03-Oct-26 16:48:41

I’d be gutted Gingster.
I’ve just driven past my local award winning chippy and it took all my willpower not to turn in for a fish!

tanith Sat 03-Oct-26 17:20:47

We have fish and chips occasionally from our local shop through the Just Eat app it costs an arm and a leg for the food but its here in 15 mins hot and tasty.

Smileless2012 Sat 03-Oct-26 17:22:29

We use a local chinese takeaway, 'phone direct and collect.

FriedGreenTomatoes2 Sat 03-Oct-26 17:25:51

Oh Gingster and after a busy few days too, just so utterly disappointing to have your treat messed up like that. Gah!