Gransnet forums

Games

Miss Sheba's Thursday tricky teaser (just for today while Miss is having a rest)

(61 Posts)
Bathsheba Thu 23-Apr-20 13:27:56

Can you find what replaces the ??

Feelingmyage55 Thu 23-Apr-20 13:32:48

Need coffee - penny is not dropping

JenniferEccles Thu 23-Apr-20 13:39:23

Is it 14 ?

Doodle Thu 23-Apr-20 13:39:42

Cor Miss Sheba that’s nice of you to help out. Not surprised Miss Doll needs a rest after dealing with all of us.

Do you think pantglas has left her thinking cap in her desk coz I might need to borrow it? 😀

Doodle Thu 23-Apr-20 13:44:53

I was just about to sit in the corner wiv me ed in me ands when a light bulb came on. I fink it’s 14 😀

Doodle Thu 23-Apr-20 13:45:44

jennifereccles (I love your name) I got the same as you. Hurray 😀

Doodle Thu 23-Apr-20 13:46:18

Any sweeties Miss?

Pantglas2 Thu 23-Apr-20 13:48:20

My Thinking 🧢 smells of gin and I’m blaming Miss cos she told me where it was hidden and I was led into the brambles of delinquency, an I’ve gotten a sore head now🤕

Cos of the above I can’t be speckted to do hard sums today so ave you got summat simple just for me Bathsheba pleeze?

Farmor15 Thu 23-Apr-20 13:52:36

I got 14 as well. I’ve been following Miss and enjoying the daily challenges and banter 🙂

JenniferEccles Thu 23-Apr-20 13:55:12

Oh thank you Doodle😀

It was my nickname at school. My Christian name is Jennifer but Eccles wasn’t my maiden name. The song was around at the time!

Doodle Thu 23-Apr-20 13:56:59

Welcome to class farmor. I’m glad you got the anser as me as I mite hav got it rite 😀

pantglas ave you swallowed a dikshonary - brambles of delinquency, that ain’t half posh. 🤔

JoyBloggs Thu 23-Apr-20 13:57:04

Another vote for 14

Doodle Thu 23-Apr-20 13:57:53

😀 I loved the song too jennifer . Nice nickname to have 😊

Bathsheba Thu 23-Apr-20 13:57:58

No sweeties Doodle, but I have baked a nice big coffee and walnut gateau. You can all have a piece at playtime this afternoon. IF you're good!

I need someone to volunteer to slice the cake up. Pantglas I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I won't be able to let you do this - I need someone sober sensible. The knife is VERY sharp!

Doodle Thu 23-Apr-20 13:58:38

Hello joy glad you can join us. Still haven’t got any sweeties yet 🥺

Doodle Thu 23-Apr-20 14:00:17

Me Miss I’ll do it . I’ll cut it proper not like pantglas she’ll just cut a massive bit for herself and we won’t get nufink. 🤔

Pantglas2 Thu 23-Apr-20 14:02:48

I’m not posh Doodle but I am trying to himprove myself by reeding lots of ejucashunal books and fings 📖📚📕📗📘📙so wot I can be a teecha like Miss when I’ve got all my bajs wot I is clectin.

gillybob Thu 23-Apr-20 14:03:47

Yes 14 here too Miss Sheba .

Are you a supply teacher Miss?

Squiffy Thu 23-Apr-20 14:04:41

I think it's 14 too.

I spose Pantglas is Cake Monitor, too. She monitors everything in the whole universe. Unless . . . . . we get there first Doodle!

Doodle Thu 23-Apr-20 14:08:13

Oh squiffy I’m glad you’re here. Yes we must try and get the cake.

Hello gillybob we’re having cake later. Miss Sheba madeed it herself.

Pantglas2 Thu 23-Apr-20 14:11:20

Hmmmph! Not sure 🤔 you shwd be bringin dat cake into Skool Bathsheba wot wiv ‘Nut Allergees’ eggsetera.

It mite infallidayt the Pubic Reliability Insiwrans so I probly wil ave to consume confiscate it for sayfte reesons, achiwally!

Bathsheba Thu 23-Apr-20 14:11:57

Doodle thank you for volunteering to slice the cake up. There is one condition attached to this very important role. The person who cuts the cake is not allowed to choose a slice until EVERYONE ELSE has taken a piece. I think that will ensure you cut it very carefully indeed wink.

And I shall be watching!

gillybob Thu 23-Apr-20 14:12:18

Hi Doodles I would love a slice of cake just as long as we are not made to drink a bottle of warm milk with it ….yuk

Considering Miss Sheba is a supply teacher I think we should play up until Miss Doll comes back …..

I'll start passing a note round shall I?

Bathsheba Thu 23-Apr-20 14:13:47

Has anyone noticed that today I can spell properly? I spent the WHOLE MORNING having a crash course in littra litter reading and writing so I could be almost like a proper teacher today. (I still get things wrong sumtimes though)

Bathsheba Thu 23-Apr-20 14:18:13

Gillybob I'm watching you! (Tee hee, I'm enjoying this!)

Right, here's another one for you to be getting on with. Something a bit simpler for those with a bit of a sore head. Hmm Pantglas?

(Actually it may not be simpler, it may be harder, hee hee!)