Gransnet forums

Games

Friday: Fragile Miss MaryDoll's Fascinating, Facile and Frustrating Friday Teaser.

(73 Posts)
Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 08:29:23

DANGER
POST THE ANSWER ON THIS THREAD AND YOU WILL BE INCARCERATED IN THE ARGY BASEMENT FOR THE WEEKEND

Good morning class and thank you for giving me such a lovely birthday bash yesterday.
Pantglas, you are indeed star pupil. ?

I have tried to be gentle today, as I know you will be exhausted after all the partying. As am I
By the way, has anyone seen the bouncy castle? It seems to have vanished overnight. ?

Remember, PM me, or else!

Pantglas2 Fri 15-May-20 09:50:20

Wherr are Doodle Squiffy an Callistemon? No scuse fore trwantin......as Tendans Monitor I wil be marcin em absn if thay is not in by twelvty umteen o’cloc ?

Squiffy Fri 15-May-20 09:54:17

Mawnin awl! Hop uve cuverd from yor burfday bash Miss. I pm’d yoo mi arnsa. I fink weer lyke a Seeneor St Trinyuns ownlee betta ? Weve ad mor praktis ??????

Puzzler61 Fri 15-May-20 10:15:43

Yoo laydees ar cracking me up todaa.
I can’t fink strat. That’s my scuse for not gettin the anser yet. Doh!

Puzzler61 Fri 15-May-20 10:21:32

Pee emmed Miss. ?

Doodle Fri 15-May-20 10:34:20

? yawn. Sowy Miss I overslep coz of d partee. Woz gud wazn it.
Ello class. Ooh dragonfly is ere. ? I nose dragonfly glad yous joynd us ? don forgit yous av to PM yous ansr to Miss or yous be putted on v norty step.
willa yous in afore me ? cwumbs yous ups erly.
Miss Charley was vewy nice two us yesday Miss praps she’s gettin ewes to us know ?
I now wot the Argy is. You don wanna goes der my fren seys it’s a den off inniquytee
Cor squiffy yous ere two. We add fun din we.
Goin do mynes sums now.

Squiffy Fri 15-May-20 11:28:33

Ello Doods, yeah it wos fun but i is stil tyred from awl de tydyin up. i nede a knap nou.

Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 12:08:40

wila ? Squiffy?, Boat ?, Puzzler ?, Doodle ?

What a clever class!

Pantglas2 Fri 15-May-20 12:17:07

Ain’t we gwd Miss? Mefinks we’ll be saylin thru our GeeCeeEes in the summa - woo sez we isn pliabl!

Sides, mos of us is goin to niversty to do meeja studees degrees wych wil be reely iwsfl fore......wel, meeja studees!

Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 12:36:27

Justwidowed ?

Please welcome a new member to our class! Be kind....or else!

Bathsheba Fri 15-May-20 12:49:52

Hello Justwidowed (big smyll). We awl is goin to bee kined to yoo. I don unnerstan wy Miss hass to tel us - weer awlwase kined, arnt we Doods, Pants, Squiffy. Puzzler?
Yoo kan sit necks to me at dinna if yoo lik smile

Bathsheba Fri 15-May-20 12:51:42

Ooh, I poot a fools top insted ov a kommer! Sowwy, Puzzler, yoo is ment to bee inklooded in my lissed, not awl sepritt, awl by yore own.

Puzzler61 Fri 15-May-20 12:54:04

Hello Justwidowed . Welcome to Miss Marydoll’s class. You’ll soon get to know everyone, and we have a lot of fun.
Keep coming if you want to try the daily puzzles and find yourself smiling at the wacky humour ?☀️?✏️

CraftyGranny Fri 15-May-20 13:11:04

Welcome from me too Justwidowed
Yu'l luv it ere!

Charleygirl5 Fri 15-May-20 13:11:45

Pantglas I really think you and the other girls are going to have to make a concerted effort to learn the nuances of the English language and also how to spell.

Not all of the exams are ticking boxes-some subjects require the equivalent of a legible essay.

Maths is a good subject with high marks but unfortunately you need more than one subject to gain university admission.

Doodle Fri 15-May-20 13:24:18

Miss Charley duz you fink we kan get in coz wez nice, an kyn, an we elp echover. I knot goin anyways I goin on wk speriece to bee a ministrator coz iz gud wiv compooters.
Wez may supwise yous yet?

Pantglas2 Fri 15-May-20 13:24:35

But we is speekin, ritin an spelin jes fyne coz we orl unnerstan eech otha!

Mitnt be the Kweens Hinglish but it’s owrs an we is orl veree efluent.....we orl ave bajs, Stiffgits an pass zaminashuns innit ?

Doodle Fri 15-May-20 13:28:15

Aksherly Miss C itz moor difcult dan it wooks two rite lik dis so uvers kan unnerstan wot you haz ritten. Smade moor difcult wiv autocowect witch keps cowecting evrythin. ?

Doodle Fri 15-May-20 13:29:28

pants haz yous eatin yous aple yet? Mynes waz lishus.

Charleygirl5 Fri 15-May-20 13:46:25

Pantglas when you leave school especially when/if going to university you will be meeting people who do not understand much of what you have said or written. I have to admit I am scunnered at times!

Doodle autocorrect is not 100% accurate but it would definitely help you.

Puzzler61 Fri 15-May-20 13:48:51

I hasn’ got baj’s or stiff’cats yet, ownli appuls Pants
?

Doodle Fri 15-May-20 13:49:55

C yous can unnerstan us Miss C . Woz scunnered? ? is it a wude wurd?

mary51 Fri 15-May-20 14:08:43

Hi all. Just dawdled in late after a nice morning out. Looked awfully hard but just got it when I was in garden. So will PM Miss!

Pantglas2 Fri 15-May-20 14:08:56

Telps if ewe speek it owt lowd - then it mayks sens!

Thers no sych fing as sylen lettas so no trubl spelin proppa wych is wy I is Spelin Minotor, with a baj, an orl the gyrls ave a Stiffgit to sho ow eggselen they is ?

Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 14:54:22

Mary51 ?
Charleygirl Am fair scunnered an aw

Charleygirl5 Fri 15-May-20 15:09:46

This lot would scunner the pope.