Gransnet forums

Games

Friday: Fragile Miss MaryDoll's Fascinating, Facile and Frustrating Friday Teaser.

(73 Posts)
Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 08:29:23

DANGER
POST THE ANSWER ON THIS THREAD AND YOU WILL BE INCARCERATED IN THE ARGY BASEMENT FOR THE WEEKEND

Good morning class and thank you for giving me such a lovely birthday bash yesterday.
Pantglas, you are indeed star pupil. ?

I have tried to be gentle today, as I know you will be exhausted after all the partying. As am I
By the way, has anyone seen the bouncy castle? It seems to have vanished overnight. ?

Remember, PM me, or else!

Puzzler61 Fri 15-May-20 15:24:21

Hope you aw pleezed wiv yoor appl from Miss , Mary51?
Wi get wun evry daa day wi get it rite!

Callistemon Fri 15-May-20 15:49:18

Wot's scunnered mean pleez?

Ay up duck, you feeling a bit on the mardy side, MissMary?

Sorreee, we'll be quiet and good now.

mary51 Fri 15-May-20 15:59:16

I love those red apples. I used to buy Washington Reds and Red Delicious but these ones from Miss are just as nice.

Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 16:07:08

It's really hard to define scunnered.

It's much, much more than the dictionary definition.

Scunnered subjecting to and reacting with irritation
My pals are fair scunnered with me

Synonyms for scunnered

Aggravated, annoyed, bothered, exasperated, galled, irked, irritated, narked [British], peeved, put out, teed off, vexed

Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 16:09:23

Here is the answer for those are lurking, but don't want to PM.

The number is 7

If you take away the s from the word seven, you get the answer, ie. even.

Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 16:10:57

Callistemon, sorry! ?

Callistemon Fri 15-May-20 17:30:14

We're being ever so quiet and good, now, Miss, hope you feels better soon

???

Doodle Fri 15-May-20 18:54:14

Cor Miss I ope yous nevr scunnered wiv us. Wez yous best klass arn we. ?

Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 19:09:02

Of course you are! wink

Doodle Fri 15-May-20 19:14:33

Oh Miss dats so nyce ?

Pantglas2 Fri 15-May-20 19:22:47

Miss luvs us coz we trie so ard nevrifing we do Doodle ?

We is the bestes klass she’s ad nall er teechin creer an she’s the bestes teecha we cud eva get swell ?

that is wy we is doin so wel wiv orl owr corswurk wot the Spectas caym ta see an gayv us the Gol Stannard ?

dragonfly46 Fri 15-May-20 19:43:15

I knew that honest miss, forgot to send the answer!

Doodle Fri 15-May-20 19:43:31

Oh thas gud pants I fink Miss is an xlent teechr. ?

willa45 Fri 15-May-20 19:44:01

Ooh Miss..... had to have a nap today but an' am now meself agin only my audiocorekt is on de blitz. I ansared yur trick queschion ritely today so thanks for your praise and dat loverly apple!

Hello Justwidowed and welcome to our krazy klass! Charleygirl, yoo welcome too but luk 'ahind you 'cuz you may end up 'aving too much fun wid us in dis 'ere klass an' yool 'av te waip that smile off yore faze or git a riputaishun! We all nais gurls an' we nevir set out to scunner anybody....not on purpoise any house!

willa45 Fri 15-May-20 20:01:11

Pants, Callistemon and Doodle, did eni 'uv ye see who it wuz dat push de pin into the Bouncy Carstel?

Feelingmyage55 Fri 15-May-20 20:20:45

The party was so good and I only just emerged from under the duvet and sent in a foggy answer that is most likely wrong but at I tried. off to take some headache tablets.

Marydoll Fri 15-May-20 20:25:51

Feelingmyage, where on earth have you been? You are very late, but I shall reluctantly award you an?
See you all tomorrow....... hopefully.

Charleygirl5 Fri 15-May-20 21:17:48

You girls do wear me out- I do not normally go to bed so early but I am reading a really good book.

At least you have a day off tomorrow as does Miss.

Doodle Fri 15-May-20 21:19:10

? I tyred twonite. I mite go to bed early and weed mynes bok. Iz scawy itz bout Awy Poter. See youz all mowow.x

Callistemon Fri 15-May-20 21:52:19

Twern't me, willa, I was sick all over it but kleened it up.
Lots of dissiefectant.

willa45 Fri 15-May-20 22:16:52

Callistemon.....yoo wuz doin' so many summersolts yoo almos' got me pukin' too. Bouncy Carstel's gone missin' last night after de partee an' now Miss is despritly lookin ferrit. I hope she kin find it, 'cuz it was such a hoot!
So, listen up Charley, you could 'a joined us fir lots of laffs instead o 'ol dat serious desplenery stuff you been going on about.....seriously (pun intended) grin

Feelingmyage55 Fri 15-May-20 22:25:25

Thank you for the ?
I’ll try and be on time tomorrow. Off to do my neighbour’s shopping on my T** order so I’ll be doing lots of arithmetic. ?