Gransnet forums

Games

Thursday: Miss MaryDoll’s Truly, Tricky (or not), Testing, Tantalising Maths Teaser..

(79 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 09:15:32

Good morning class. You know the drill.

Another algebraic equation for you to solve.
PM if you would like a mention on the thread.

I am looking for the values for:
Pineapple
Grapes
Watermelon
Strawberry

To receive an apple you need to answer the whole question. wink

I won't be back until much later to answer PMs.

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 12:35:09

Well class I'm back. Thanks for your kind comments.
It had happened a few times and I decided to keep quiet, but I was feeling annoyed with the world today and everyone in it!
Yesterday's glimpse of the outside world and the realisation of what I was missing, didn't help either! Wobble over!!!

Gosh you have all been busy! The PMs ran into a second page and I'm cross eyed! ???
If I have missed someone, please let me know and I will rectify it.

The maths prizes

Bathsheba gets the golden apple. smile
Nortsat ?
Craftygranny?
Pittcity?
Mary51?
Justwidowed?
Dragonfly ?
Boat ?
Doodle ?
Silverlining

The puzzle prizes

Oopsadaisy (was first) ??
Pittcity ?
Kalu ?
Craftygranny ?
Callistemon ?

A further clue. You may see something similar in the night sky. wink

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 12:36:44

Now tht my rant is over, I'm feeling benevolent, so it's ice cream all round. Even rum and raisin, DH's favourite! Yuk!!!

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 12:45:10

Puzzler, I'm so sorry, I missed you out.
? I'm giving you a rum and raisin ice cream as a special treat.? wink

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 12:48:35

Poor Hazbeen too, after your lovely pm! ?? You can have any ice cream you want!!!

Puzzler, ?

I'm off to lie in a dark room. grin?

Puzzler61 Thu 18-Jun-20 12:49:17

Please Miss, did you get my p.m’s?
I’m not on the list ?

Puzzler61 Thu 18-Jun-20 12:50:08

X’d posts ! Have a sweet zzzzz Miss ?

Puzzler61 Thu 18-Jun-20 12:51:11

And Thank You.

Charleygirl5 Thu 18-Jun-20 12:51:14

I cannot believe you have received snippy replies. Nobody is holding a gun to their head to even look at this thread and if they want to start a more difficult or easier one- please feel free.

You have taken your own personal time to set up two puzzles daily and I am well aware of the pain you are in and probably most days would prefer to be elsewhere, especially as you return frequently to give apples to the clever clogs.

Also if nobody wants to take part in the school language used, again nobody is asking them. Some need to grow up and it is not the girls! They are probably unemployable but they do try!

The girls do appreciate the hard work you give daily and they will miss you when you are off next week. It must be the only time you have thanked Covid because you will not get a busload visiting you!

Callistemon Thu 18-Jun-20 12:51:18

How did I get the maffs rong?

confused

Callistemon Thu 18-Jun-20 12:52:09

I am unemployable
Wot a relief

Charleygirl5 Thu 18-Jun-20 12:56:10

Callistemon Your written English and spelling would have to improve 100% and time is marching on re exams.

Charleygirl5 Thu 18-Jun-20 12:58:11

Bathsheba I am aware of your entrepreneurial skills so you are probably selling the apples because you have been the class swot almost every day.

Marydoll Thu 18-Jun-20 13:06:36

Callistemon, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!
I am the indeed the class dunce.?
For you! ??

mary51 Thu 18-Jun-20 13:14:43

Thanks for apple Miss. Despite clue can't think of pic at the mo.
But I'm off to google something to see what it might look like!!

willa45 Thu 18-Jun-20 13:44:22

Want to jump in too (in English this time). This thread is listed under a Forum called "Games"! Games are supposed to be fun. If this isn't fun for you, you do have choices: You can choose to stay and play nice or you can go away and play somewhere else!

willa45 Thu 18-Jun-20 13:53:00

OK...(deep breath). Miss, Ize a doktirs apartment 'n aye hav te go 'n a fiu minnits. Sowy yoo git dose nastee emales....de nerv 'o sum peeple! Sowy I won 'av taym to do de puzzil.

Bathsheba Thu 18-Jun-20 13:58:04

Thas kos I done wanna be ployd Miss Charley, I wanna ploy minesef so I done av ter av a boss tellen me wot ter doo wink

Kalu Thu 18-Jun-20 14:02:53

Thank yoo fore thi grean apil and thi eyes creem Miss. I hoep yoo ar haveing a bettir day.

Bathsheba Thu 18-Jun-20 14:03:47

willa I pleatlee gree wiv yoo! De maw I fink bout it de maw crost I get! I reelee ope the peepul wot rote the 'snippy comments' ar reedin dis an fealin barrissd (an done pertend yoo karn unnastan owr langwidge cos I done bleev yoo).

If dis skul izzen gud nuff fore yoo then go sumware els. angry

Callistemon Thu 18-Jun-20 14:05:27

Fanks Miss

Bathsheba Thu 18-Jun-20 14:05:58

An ment to sae too: An leev Miss alon kos eevn tho she not wel, she doin awl this to maek us appy. An we luv her fore it eevn if yoo dont!

Doodle Thu 18-Jun-20 14:07:24

Dats a gud eyedeea bath . Youz gud at sums yous cud bee an countint. Yous kan du der counts four myne sanwitch shop.
puzzler cud due delibewies az she got an ickle bloo kar.
?

Doodle Thu 18-Jun-20 14:12:36

Oh no!!!! Wez bein invaydid bye awienz. Miss sed dem wed fings cud be in der sky. Deys cumin two get uz. Deyz goin to squish uz wiv deys tentickles. Wot wez goin two du.?

Charleygirl5 Thu 18-Jun-20 14:13:27

Doodle you will not have to pay Bathsheba to do the accounts when you open your coffee shop because you are very good at maths also. Oopsadaisy can write the menu for you as her English is so good.

Bathsheba Thu 18-Jun-20 14:13:42

Doods yoos cud libber samwidges to Miss wen she in ostipal, to chea er up! Maek shore yoo kut the kruss off furs so thare daitee samwidges kos Miss mite not bee aybul to eet mutch.