Gransnet forums

Games

Story time. Write 3 sentences to continue the story

(230 Posts)
nanna8 Mon 25-Jan-21 10:10:36

Once upon a time there was a young girl who lived in a small village near the sea. One day she decided to go for a midnight walk along the beach. Suddenly she became aware that someone was following her.....

rocketstop Wed 27-Jan-21 08:58:26

The old man. He hadn't died, which must mean that DS Lydia Lett or whatever she called herself is not a real policewoman.The old man looked at her and said 'You must listen to me, it's vitally importsnt you hear this, I..........

TonysBride Wed 27-Jan-21 09:12:38

am that young girl's grandfather, but I have been placed in the witness protection programme so she cannot know I am here. I was placed in the programme for my own safety. DS Lydia Lett asked him why and he replied .....

Aldom Wed 27-Jan-21 09:33:51

I discovered a drug trafficking gang operating from a local farm. An undercover detective is working at the farm as a tractor driver....

Hellsbelles Wed 27-Jan-21 09:58:34

After the trouble of the past few weeks ,she decided she needed a holiday. Once her case was packed she walked to the train station and caught the first train that left.
Jeanie settled into her seat and look out of the window looking forward to getting off the train at .....

Dearknees1 Wed 27-Jan-21 10:05:44

the end of the line. But when she looked up she recognised DS Lett sitting on the other side of the carriage. Another change of plan then ......

Grandmabeach Wed 27-Jan-21 10:09:06

she leapt out of the carriage, run across the platform and jumped onto the train leaving in the opposite direction. As the train pulled out she could see a furious DS Lett staring after her.

Lostmyglassesxx Wed 27-Jan-21 10:13:43

To be continued !

Moggycuddler Wed 27-Jan-21 10:28:33

. . . . Then she suddenly jumped awake, startled by her dear old cat, Joey, who had stuck his little wet nose right into her left ear. She sighed and sat up in bed. It had all been a dream . . . .

Calendargirl Wed 27-Jan-21 10:31:01

“You must help me!” she cried.
“I’m being followed by a mad policewoman and an escaped lion!”
The old farmhand just gawped at her.

Calendargirl Wed 27-Jan-21 10:33:07

IGNORE PREVIOUS POST!

Didn’t realise we had moved forward a page!

?

Dee1012 Wed 27-Jan-21 10:35:54

The policewoman started to laugh.
In front of her was a massive elephant.
She began to sob...

libra10 Wed 27-Jan-21 10:39:05

The policewoman caught the lion - with difficulty! Then looked sternly at the old farmhand. 'Stop gawping,' she ordered. 'Do you have a pen where we can put Leo?'

beverly10 Wed 27-Jan-21 12:05:54

The rain ceased.,A lone woman having taken shelter in the doorway of a shop stepped out into the night.

Annaram1 Wed 27-Jan-21 12:08:45

"You can leave him in my barn," he replied. "But I don't really like the look of him. Is he dangerous?"

"Not as dangerous as the elephant," replied DS Letts. "because if he rolls on you you'd be a goner. "

So between them they

Atqui Wed 27-Jan-21 12:27:05

enticed the elephant into the tractor shed, which was the only building with enough headroom, and locked the lion in one of the disused stables.DS Lettsthen admitted that she was not really a police officer , but a runaway from another circus , and was missing her contact with the dangerous animals.

Atqui Wed 27-Jan-21 12:27:39

( sorry that wasn’t 3 sentences)

Alison333 Wed 27-Jan-21 12:35:17

A strange noise made them look up. A mysterious craft seemed to be descending from the sky. DS Letts transformed into a

jenpax Wed 27-Jan-21 13:33:53

Can you help me she gasped! I am being chased by a maniac! The man shot her a look but shoved her into the nearby barn; hide here I will cover for you but I expect a damn good explanation afterwards he said sardonically

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 27-Jan-21 13:38:21

Thankfully the elephant really liked people and he wound his trunk round her shoulders with a comforting hug. He looked at her with his big dark eyes knowingly. They looked up at the large hole in the roof.

jenpax Wed 27-Jan-21 14:12:21

Sorry??‍♀️

barbiann57 Wed 27-Jan-21 14:20:53

Where are you going? Hop up on the trailer I will give you a lift. Jeannie did as he bade and off they went. Jeannie with her heart in her mouth.

Alison333 Wed 27-Jan-21 14:54:16

Jeannie looked out of the trailer window as they drove along and realised that DS Letts had acquired superpowers from the strange spacecraft and was chasing them. Even worse she was catching up!

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 27-Jan-21 15:03:30

Suddenly, Letts had transformed into an enormous mouse. She wore a purple polka dot bowtie. In her right hand was a slice of strawberry jam toast.

susieq3 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:03:47

Love this thread, can we have another.

Molly10 Wed 27-Jan-21 15:43:34

A strong light shone in her left eye then moved to her right. A voice said can you tell me how many fingers I am holding up. You were found wandering aimlessly and have a concussion...