Gransnet forums

Games

Ask the Person Below You a Question: Thread Four! Countdown to C********! ?

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Thu 02-Sep-21 06:33:14

Welcome to the Fourth Thread, Questioners and Answerers!

Are you feeling Autumnal?

crazyH Thu 23-Sep-21 10:40:46

My old, old photograph albums and ofcourse, videos of my 6 grandchildren.

It’s miserable out there today…….any plans?

biglouis Thu 23-Sep-21 15:56:39

I run an online shop so I have packing to do today. Its chilly outside so I wont be going anywhere.

Have you ever rented a property?

I did when I first left home. My experience was positive on the whole.

TillyTrotter Thu 23-Sep-21 17:00:20

No, only holiday homes.

If you could turn the clock back, what age would you like to be?

crazyH Thu 23-Sep-21 19:18:58

19 - if I could turn back time !!!!!

I’ve run out of questions, so I will just ask - what are you doing right now ? I’m eating a couple of triangles of Toblerone, which I bought for my granddaughter, who has left for Uni and I forgot to give it to her ?

AGAA4 Thu 23-Sep-21 19:30:22

I am trying to decide what to wear when I meet a friend for coffee. Will I be too warm or too cold?

Do you like snowy weather?

Mollygo Thu 23-Sep-21 19:37:06

Yes I love snowy weather, but not as much as I did when I was younger. The snow covered hills are a delight to see-slush covered pavements rather less welcome
Possibly with the rising fuel prices I will be less impressed with it this year.

Have you watched Europe from above?

hollysteers Thu 23-Sep-21 20:33:18

No, sounds interesting.

Do you read the local obituary columns to see if you know anyone? (Or if you are in there!?)

biglouis Thu 23-Sep-21 22:04:39

I used to read the sentimental verses when I was younger.

Whats your first childhood memory?

Mine is age 4 being given a book to read in my grandma's house. It had pictures of fierce animals in a dark forest.

TillyTrotter Fri 24-Sep-21 06:54:41

My memories don’t go back as far as yours louis but my first clear one is of being with my dad in his big works van.
I think I would have been at least five. Also clinging to the back of my dad riding on his scooter. I may have been 6 or 7 when we did that.

If you plant Spring flower bulbs, which are your favourite ?

henetha Fri 24-Sep-21 10:43:26

I plant lots of bulbs and dafffodils are my favourite. They are somehow a symbol of new hope. But I also love those little blue things, grape hyacinths I think they are called. And tulips, although I have never had much luck growing them.

Do you feel your age? Or younger? Do you like keeping up with trends?

Mollygo Fri 24-Sep-21 12:31:08

Younger, except when getting out of the bath! I like to keep up, but sometimes I wish some of the c**p in today’s world didn’t exist!

I got a Smyths toy catalogue through the post today- no idea why. What’s the strangest unsolicited advertising you’ve been sent?

TillyTrotter Fri 24-Sep-21 12:59:26

A miniature box of breakfast cereal.

If you were given the opportunity to be the first woman to walk on the moon, would you take it?
(Sorry to the men who read this thread but many men have already walked on the moon).

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 24-Sep-21 14:16:43

No, I simply don't see the attraction of walking on the moon.

Which is the best book you've ever read?

hollysteers Fri 24-Sep-21 18:16:15

A Lost Lady, Willa Cather (difficult question as I’m a bookworm)

As a child, did you have to share a bedroom and even a bed?
(I slept in a bed with my two sisters)

BBbevan Fri 24-Sep-21 18:39:15

Shared a bedroom with my sister when very young. Had my own large, the little box room.

Do you have a shed, and what is in it ?

FannyCornforth Sat 25-Sep-21 05:39:28

Re the unsolicited mail
About 25 years ago I lived on the eighth floor of a block of flats (with a fabulous view of the city centre)
Anyway, I, and the rest of the residents, got a flier through the letterbox from advertising a company which solely built conservatories.
Some poor sod walked through the entire block of flats posting a flier through every single letter box.

Yes, we have a shed. It is absolutely rammed with all manner of stuff. DH is a retired self employed builder, so I’m sure that you can imagine.
It’s also got some really quirky things in it. Including an antique dressing table; an old fashioned witches broom (found in an old house - present for me!) and a film poster for Gladiator (one of DHs fave films)

What’s the worst book that you’ve ever read?

biglouis Sat 25-Sep-21 12:06:37

Memoires of a Foxhunting Man by Siegfried Sassoon

Read it in school - so boring. I have no interest whatsoever in fox hunting or hunting anything else.

Do you automatically bin mail addressed to "the occupier"?

I do, along with anything hand written as it tends to come from local politicos canvassing.

Mollygo Sat 25-Sep-21 14:01:20

Yes I have a bin box for ‘the occupier’ mail and also that stuff that comes with your name on, but isn’t something you’ve requested.

I absolutely love iced fruit buns. They come in pack of two but DH won’t touch them and he doesn’t want two of anything else.

Do you not buy twin pack of anything because you’d have to eat them both yourself?

Mollygo Sat 25-Sep-21 14:02:42

PS I know if you live alone that’s your only option, so perhaps I should have said, What do you wish they’d sell singly?

hollysteers Sat 25-Sep-21 15:55:59

Some chocolate bars. Packs lead me astray.
However, after refusing to pay £4 for one nail brush in Boots, I was pleased to find packs of 2 and 3 for £1 in the pound shop.

If you drive, what was the first car you drove?
(Citroen 2CV for me)

grandMattie Sat 25-Sep-21 15:58:26

No idea. My now DH’s was a Renault 12 when I drove it.

Are your parents still alive?

crazyH Sat 25-Sep-21 16:09:30

Sadly, no. Still miss them.

How many siblings do you have? I am the youngest of nine and the only one left

AGAA4 Sat 25-Sep-21 16:51:20

I have one brother and one sister.

Do you worry about climate change?

hollysteers Sat 25-Sep-21 23:16:35

Not so much for myself, but for my grandchildren/great grandchildren.

Your band name is the colour of your underwear and the last thing you ate?
(Pink toffee crisp)

Mollygo Sat 25-Sep-21 23:16:38

Yes I do, especially when flooding affects my family. The publicity about flooding, fires etc. is a much more efficient way of reminding people that we need to do something than blocking the M25.
I’m glad we’re more aware of ways to help. Programs like the one I listened to today about increasing coal mining in India bring home how difficult it is for some people. The comment about people there losing their homes when the mines were opened and now expected to lose their livelihood when they close down to meet ‘green’ demands brought home how complex it is.
Sorry for such a long post.

I just learned that many homes in India do not use toilet paper.
Could you cope with that?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion