Gransnet forums

Games

Ask a Question to the Person Below: ? 6️⃣

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 05-Apr-22 08:20:18

Hello All! ? ?
I’ve tried to be more grammatically correct with the title this time.

Do you enjoy musical theatre?
??
Which is your favourite?

I love Jesus Christ Superstar; Cabaret; Oliver!; Sweeney Todd; Oklahoma
I could go on and on…

SachaMac Wed 22-Jun-22 22:26:24

Probably shoes, I have so many pairs that I don’t wear anymore as my feet cripple me in heels, even ones I buy that appear comfy give me blisters so yes I’d start with those.

Do you sit outside till late on a nice summer evenings or do you prefer going inside watching tv.

Bellanonna Wed 22-Jun-22 22:38:55

I don’t sit outside late because I would get bitten. Our insects love me. It’s not mutual.

Do you take part in yoga or Pilates classes? I enjoy them as I feel they’re keeping me mobile.

MrsKen33 Thu 23-Jun-22 10:15:33

Used to do Zumba Gold but no classes near me now we have moved.

If you do get bitten a lot what do you put on the bites? Insects just queue up for me

biglouis Thu 23-Jun-22 17:16:37

Ive never been one to get bitten even though Ive been to many unusual places and tropical countries. However I always had to be careful not to get burned as I have very fair skin so I always covered up. Probably the reason for not getting many bites.

I now read that BA staff are considering strike action. I would not consider travelling abroad just now even if I was mobile. Nor would I travel in UK with the rail strikes unless it was essential.

Does all this put you off or do you believe in "taking a chance" and going ahead with plans that may have to have been put off in the pandemic?

AGAA4 Thu 23-Jun-22 19:14:49

I won't be planning any trips apart from short journeys by car.

Have you had rain today after the heatwave?

MrsKen33 Fri 24-Jun-22 04:48:51

We never had the promised heatwave here in SW Wales but we have had a few warm afternoons. Rained slightly last evening, just enough to dampen the pavements.

Over the years I have tried and tried to grow mistletoe, with no success. Now I notice I have two tiny plants growing on an apple tree. I am so so delighted.
Has anything unexpected lifted your spirits lately?

AGAA4 Fri 24-Jun-22 08:00:02

Yes. I had an unexpected visit from an old friend who I hadn't seen for years. It was so good to see her.

Do you like the hot weather?

henetha Fri 24-Jun-22 10:13:13

No. It makes me feel like an old dishcloth, wrung out.
And seriously quite unwell.

Do you like peanut butter? Ever made peanut butter cookies?

biglouis Fri 24-Jun-22 10:19:17

I only had peanut butter once and I thought it tasted rancid. Ive never been one for "nutty" flavours.

What are your plans for the weekend if the fine weather continues?

I have work in the bathroom next week so I have to spend mine clearing the bathroom of anything that would get in the way of the contractors :-(

Ali08 Fri 24-Jun-22 12:31:53

Been slowly inching towards papering our front room, but I'm currently painting the front bedroom furniture and deciding on what colour to do the walls. Possibly pale blue.

Is your home colourful, or magnolia/white?

Unigran4 Fri 24-Jun-22 16:09:36

Quirky. White clouds and lighthouses on a blue background in the bedroom. Street scenes in cream relief in the lounge and one complete wall covered in a woodland mural in the dining room. Oh! And anaglypta in the hall!

If you went to a village fair, what stall would you head to first?

Mollygo Fri 24-Jun-22 18:35:49

Cake stall, followed by plant stall.

Road works! I’m glad they’re finally doing them, but we’ve got 2 sets of 3-way lights near us so getting out is a challenge. How are the road works near you?

AGAA4 Fri 24-Jun-22 19:28:38

On the main road to the town there have been 3 sets of traffic lights. One set was showing red then amber then red again so I was stuck there for ages till there was a huge queue and a workman came with a GO sign.

Are you an early bird or more of an owl?

SachaMac Fri 24-Jun-22 19:41:41

Definitely a night owl.

Do you ever go to car boot sales either to buy or sell. Personally I haven’t done either for years as you have to be up so early smile

henetha Sat 25-Jun-22 11:27:56

I used to when I lived in town. Now it's too far and I would have to get up extra early . My laziness is sad really, as I miss them.

Do you remember Jumble Sales? Do they still exist?

biglouis Sat 25-Jun-22 11:40:54

I used to LOVE jumble sales as a kid! I havnt been to any for ages. They used to take place in the local church or scouts hut. Perhaps they still have them in villages. I think car boot sales more or less took over.

Have you ever sold stuff at a car boot or market?

Ive done a few car boots in my time but preferred regular antique markets. That was back in the 1970s and 1980s. They are hard work and I could not do them now.

crazyH Sat 25-Jun-22 12:44:47

I have not sold but I have bought many things for my first house, from car boot sales / jumble sales.

Do you think your tolerance for alcohol decreases as you get older? I am nursing a hangover, after celebrating d.I.ls birthday, yesterday

SachaMac Sat 25-Jun-22 13:25:32

Definitely, I enjoy a glass of wine or a G&T but have noticed I get tipsy very quickly & it plays havoc with my stomach. I sometimes get the awful hangover headache on top & that’s just miserable. Ive resigned myself to the fact I can only have a couple of wines now, preferably with a meal to soak it up.

Do you treat yourself to something like a cream cake or a sausage roll when going in to the local bakery or resist temptation. I very occasionally treat myself to a vanilla slice.

hollysteers Sat 25-Jun-22 21:44:35

I’m fond of a sausage roll, I’m more savoury than sweet.

How old were you when you met your lifelong spouse/partner?

biglouis Sat 25-Jun-22 23:01:14

I dont have a "lifelong partner" as we married and divorced (amicably) in our twenties.

Have you ever been to Glastonbury or similar?

It would be my idea of hell - camping in a muddy field and queueing for a portaloo. Rather watch at home.

MrsKen33 Sun 26-Jun-22 05:17:41

I agree with you therebiglouis would hate all that, mud and poo.So no never been tempted by festivals

What one word would you choose to describe yourself.?
Me? Unconventional

Ali08 Sun 26-Jun-22 05:25:47

Different. ?

I usually have different opinions to others. Try to see things from a different angle.
I have never been a fashion follower, nor wanted to be, but prefer to wear what I'm comfortable in.
I'll probably be in leggings in my 90s!

What is your most favourite clothing item you currently have, and why?

DanniRae Sun 26-Jun-22 07:44:00

I have a new, cotton top which is a really good colour for me - tick. It is long enough to cover my bum - tick. It has 3/4 sleeves - tick and it was half price - tick. Oh and it fits me and my size 18 body I Love It!!
So it is definitely my new favourite item of clothes grin
Same question again please ........!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 26-Jun-22 09:51:27

My current favourite sounds very similar DanniRae - it's a blouse with a narrow blue/white stripe with 3/4 length sleeves and a high collar. It originally had those tab and loop fastenings on the sleeves which I dislike so I cut them off.

Do you regularly alter small details of otherwise acceptable new clothes?

hollysteers Sun 26-Jun-22 17:21:07

Not really, I’m not a very practical person and usually just leave them as they are.

Which celebrity or star do you dislike for no particular reason? (Nicole Kidman)

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion