Gransnet forums

Games

❓?Ask a Question etc etc? 7️⃣

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Thu 04-Aug-22 07:24:45

Hello! ?

By my reckoning, this thread will see us through until we are near to C********!

SachaMac’s question was ‘if you could travel back to any time or place for one day, where / when would it be’?

I’m still mulling it over…

biglouis Tue 09-Aug-22 14:26:51

I often think autumn is the best month of the year. Not to hot and often we have fine weather in september.

Have you ever told a white lie to get out of a social invitation you dont want to accept.?

At one time I would have done so but now I just decline politely (by saying something like thanks for asking me but its not my kind of occasion) and wish them well.

biglouis Tue 09-Aug-22 14:27:25

to hot = too hot even.

HowVeryDareYou Tue 09-Aug-22 16:11:14

Yes, I've feigned illness to get out of social occasions

HowVeryDareYou Tue 09-Aug-22 16:12:13

What's your favourite childhood memory?

DanniRae Wed 10-Aug-22 07:49:30

Can I have two?
Waking up on Christmas morning and feeling the weight of my sack of presents on the end of my bed smile
Going with my mum and dad to visit my aunt and spending time with my boy cousins who were my age and playing in their huge garden. When I got older I had a huge crush on one of my cousins and loving the song "I want to be Bobby's Girl!"
Same question, please.

AGAA4 Wed 10-Aug-22 11:48:01

Going to the lido with my mum and my friends. Warm sunny days spent splashing about and having fun.

Do you like the heat? Too much for me these days.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 10-Aug-22 11:50:42

I never could stand the heat and I'm struggling.

Have you many lightweight summer dresses?

MrsKen33 Wed 10-Aug-22 13:44:33

Just three linen ones. I don’t often wear dresses.

In this hot weather and with the need to save water, do you ration your bathing or showering ?

SachaMac Wed 10-Aug-22 13:54:45

No I don’t limit showers but I’m in and out quite quickly unless I’m washing & conditioning my hair.
You can’t beat a hot bath in winter when you have got chilled to the bone though.

Do you prefer an ice cream or an ice lolly in this hot weather & what flavour ice cream or kind of ice lolly would you go for.

AGAA4 Wed 10-Aug-22 14:03:34

Vanilla ice cream is my favourite.

Do you enjoy sitting on a beach? I always get restless and walk around.

biglouis Wed 10-Aug-22 16:10:33

Ive not sat on a beach since my 30s - I get bored and see no point in it. I have/had red hair so I dont tan.

Do you enjoy visiting counties where the culture is similar to or different from our own?

Ive always enjoyed places where the culture is very different such as Indonesia, Syria and Nepal. I try to lean something about the culture and a little of the language before I visit.

HowVeryDareYou Wed 10-Aug-22 17:45:31

I'm quite happy to stay in Euopean countries, but I like to try their foods

HowVeryDareYou Wed 10-Aug-22 17:45:50

When did you last cry?

MrsKen33 Wed 10-Aug-22 17:59:47

About ten minutes ago. I am writing a book and when I write the sad parts ,I cry. DH thinks it’s hysterical!

What is your favourite cake.?

HowVeryDareYou Wed 10-Aug-22 18:15:35

Oh, well done for writing a book. I cry at a lot of things.

My favourite cake is one I discovered in Asda (frozen). Jaffa Cake gateau. Gorgeous.

Can you ride a bike?

henetha Wed 10-Aug-22 23:40:24

Well I used to up to the age of 37 when I learned to drive. Probably still can.
Have you ever had leg ulcers? Used to be very common in the elderly.

Baggytrazzas Wed 10-Aug-22 23:50:25

No, I am elderly but have never had leg ulcers, might have been something to do with garters in previous generations.

Do you wear high heels?

HowVeryDareYou Thu 11-Aug-22 07:37:03

I used to wear 3 and 4 inch heels (even during my pregnancies) but then for Plantar Faciitis some years ago, and haven't been able to wear them since.

Have you ever been arrested?

Baggytrazzas Thu 11-Aug-22 07:54:38

Not so far

What are you planning to wear today to combat the heat?

HowVeryDareYou Thu 11-Aug-22 08:03:24

bra, knickers (absolutely vital), loose sleeveless dress, flip-flops

HowVeryDareYou Thu 11-Aug-22 08:03:52

What are you planning to do today? Me, very little.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 11-Aug-22 09:20:23

It's too hot to do anything much so I'll carry on knitting my jumper which is really annoying me - surely each side of the the neckline should be a mirror image of each other? Some undoing is required - my usual long fuse is getting shorter I fear, perhaps due to the heat.

Do you have a long fuse, or are you quick to anger?

HowVeryDareYou Thu 11-Aug-22 10:41:28

I tolerate quite a lot (perhaps for too long) but then it builds up and I flip my lid.

What was your first wage when you started work? Mine was £18.56, in 1975, as a Clerk at N.A.A.F.I.

ginny Thu 11-Aug-22 10:48:03

My first wage was £9.50 in 1970. £38.00 every 4 weeks. £10.00 a month to Mum& Dad for keep. Thought I was very well off.

Did you pay for your ‘keep’ and how much ?

HowVeryDareYou Thu 11-Aug-22 14:08:15

Out of my £18.56, I paid £5 per week to my mum and dad. I used to spend my money on going out, make-up and records.

Who was your best friend at school?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion