Gransnet forums

Games

❓Ask A Question etc 🧵🎱

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sat 12-Nov-22 06:12:09

Hello!👋
Welcome to the new thread 😊

Julie Walters is playing the part of me (or Helena Bonham Carter, if I’m having a very good day) and Juliette Greco is playing MrsKen.

Which actress is playing the part of you?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 31-Mar-23 16:19:34

Yes I rather like hot cross buns and the flavoured ones are very enjoyable, I think I ate some caramel ones last year.

Do you bother to make hot cross buns yourself?

FannyCornforth Sat 01-Apr-23 04:44:26

No! I wouldn’t know where to start!
I get mine from M&S, the cheese ones for me, luxury fruit one for MrC.
I put Truffle Marmite on mine. 😋

Marmite - love; hate; or meh?

MrsKen33 Sat 01-Apr-23 05:00:53

Love. But only the regular sort. DH loves chilli marmite. We have pots of it ‘ in case’ ?

Do you like any strange food combinations?, I love a cheese sandwich with a cup of hot chocolate. Have even been known to dip the sandwich in the chocolate.

FannyCornforth Sat 01-Apr-23 05:17:11

‘ morning Ken 😘
Ooh , that is peculiar!
(I do recommend the Truffle marmite, it’s not actually that different from the original, but I do think that it’s nicer)

I’ve noticed that this thread is one of those that rarely appears in the Active List. I’m beginning to think that it’s threads that I’ve started…

I’ve thought long and hard about odd food combinations, and I really can’t think of anything.
How boring of me.

Same question please

NotAGran55 Sat 01-Apr-23 06:19:08

I can’t think of anything weird that I like, but my sister likes cheese and onion crisps dipped into raspberry yogurt.

What ‘normal’ food item have you never eaten?
Mine is turkey.

I stopped eating meat when I was 18 and when I was a child we never had it.

FannyCornforth Sat 01-Apr-23 06:35:42

I stopped eating meat when I was 11, but I can still remember exactly what different types of meat tasted like. (In the past ten years or so , I’ve started to eat a bit of fish though)

I’ve never eaten a fried egg. Or a poached one.
And I never will.

What is your go to comfort foot?
For me, it’s mashed potatoes with lots of cheese, or Heinz lentil soup and cheese toasties

biglouis Sat 01-Apr-23 10:15:53

Fish and chips!

Same question please.

crazyH Sat 01-Apr-23 11:15:06

Barbecued spare ribs, with Chinese fried rice and chips.

Same question please…

NotAGran55 Sat 01-Apr-23 12:27:31

Peanut butter on toast with lots of salt followed by Waitrose coffee ice cream.

Same question again please.

SachaMac Sat 01-Apr-23 13:03:45

Thick white bread toasted with lots of Lurpak butter or a big bar of chocolate.

Do you put any Easter decorations around the house?

TillyTrotter Sun 02-Apr-23 09:18:44

Daffodils and chocolate eggs! Lots of them of all sizes (eggs).

Have you ever made a Simnel cake at Easter?

henetha Sun 02-Apr-23 10:45:43

No. Never eaten one either. Never felt the need really.

For those who live alone, are you going to buy yourself an Easter egg?

biglouis Sun 02-Apr-23 11:31:56

No, I would not bother. Its like any other day.

Are you having any grandchildren over for the holiday?

SachaMac Sun 02-Apr-23 15:51:19

Yes I will have all of my grandchildren over at different times,I will also be looking after my youngest grandson on some days during the school holidays while his mum is working.

Do you ever watch any of the religious Easter films shown on TV?

MrsKen33 Mon 03-Apr-23 06:31:06

There are not many on these days, but yes if there is a good one. Loved the Robe, Quo Vardis and Demetrius and the Gladiators with Victor Mature. Best one of all is Ben Hur

Do you have a favourite ‘religious film’ ?

biglouis Mon 03-Apr-23 15:51:08

I like all those above plus the original version of The Ten Commandments by Cecil B. DeMille. They dont make films like that nowadays.

Have you got any outings or events planned for the holiday?

AGAA4 Mon 03-Apr-23 16:28:06

I will be out for lunch on Easter Day to celebrate the twentieth birthday of my eldest GS.

Are you looking forward to the long warm days ahead?

SachaMac Mon 03-Apr-23 20:33:22

Absolutely, we have had a taste of spring here this afternoon and it’s been lovely, very chilly out again tonight though. Definitely looking forward to the warmer weather but I wouldn’t like another heatwave like the one we had last year…phew 🥵

Do you do a big spring clean or painting and decorating jobs in spring or just do what’s required all year round.

biglouis Tue 04-Apr-23 17:34:01

I just do jobs when required and as little as possible. I have a cleaner for housework because I hate it.

Do you mind if visiters "pop in" or do you prefer them to call or text first?

I have a ring doorbell and only answer the door for pre arranged visitors or couriers/postie.

AGAA4 Wed 05-Apr-23 11:51:55

I prefer people to make arrangements to visit. Don't really like anyone popping in as I usually have a plan for the day.

Same question please

SachaMac Wed 05-Apr-23 13:51:19

I prefer visitors to make prior arrangements rather than just turning up unexpectedly. It usually happens to me when the house is in a muddle or I’m still in my dressing gown or on my way out. I don’t mind my children just dropping in but prefer friends to at least text.

On a similar topic…would you turn up at your adult children’s homes or a close family member or a friends house without checking it’s ok first?

MrsKen33 Wed 05-Apr-23 19:31:12

Adult children ,yes. Also my great aunt.

Do you keep things such as special biscuits ‘in case’ of visitors?

TillyTrotter Wed 05-Apr-23 19:45:12

Yes, shortbread. Most people who eat biscuits like those with a cuppa.

If you give scones or malt loaf to visitors do you put real butter on a tray or just butter type spread? We always eat Clover spread but somehow I can’t put a tub of it out for guests.

HowVeryDareYou2 Wed 05-Apr-23 22:22:51

I never buy scones or malt loaf, but we only ever had real butter (in a butter dish)

Have you got CCTV cameras at your home? (we've got 3 - son loves technology)

crazyH Wed 05-Apr-23 22:30:43

No I don’t - who needs one when you live in a culdesac and you have nosey neighbours ? Just joking - they are absolutely the best !!

Same question

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion