Gransnet forums

Games

LIMERICKS (April 2025 contd August 2026)

(189 Posts)
Magenta8 Sat 08-Aug-26 09:35:25

I would have liked to have a chat (First line)

Magenta8 Sat 19-Sept-26 14:18:01

I know a book seller in Crewe
I loved him with a love so true
He gave me free books
And long sexy looks

henetha Sat 19-Sept-26 12:06:44

I know a bookseller in Crewe
I loved him with a love so true
He gave me free books

nanna8 Sat 19-Sept-26 09:07:50

I know a bookseller in Crewe
I loved him with a love so true

hollysteers Fri 18-Sept-26 18:10:14

It was peaceful at home for an while
After scenes so shocking and vile
It started again
When she brought home an hen
And managed the family to rile.

I know a bookseller in Crewe

GoldenLady Thu 17-Sept-26 14:56:28

It was peaceful at home for a while
After scenes so shocking and vile
It started again
When she brought home a hen

Magenta8 Thu 17-Sept-26 10:31:31

It was peaceful at home for a while
After scenes so shocking and vile
It started again

hollysteers Thu 17-Sept-26 00:16:04

It was peaceful at home for a while
After scenes so shocking and vile

GoldenLady Wed 16-Sept-26 15:24:44

So she went to the vet who said
"Get that quarrelling out of your head!"
"A dog you are not
So stop all this rot
Try being a hamster instead"

It was peaceful at home for a while

Magenta8 Tue 15-Sept-26 16:39:20

So she went to the vet who said
"Get that quarrelling out of your head!"
"A dog you are not
So stop all this rot"

MollyNew Tue 15-Sept-26 16:07:19

So she went to the vet who said
"Get that quarrelling out of your head!"
"You're no dog - you're a girl!"

hollysteers Tue 15-Sept-26 16:06:30

So she went to the vet who said
Get that quarrelling out of your head
A dog you are not

GoldenLady Tue 15-Sept-26 15:32:50

So she went to the vet who said
"Get that quarreling out of your head!"

henetha Tue 15-Sept-26 12:54:41

She disliked the neighbours cat
Who was I admit quite a brat
Living side by side
Was no easy ride
As she loved a good old spat.

So she went to the vet who said

crazyH Mon 14-Sept-26 22:23:37

She disliked the neighbours cat
Who was I admit quite a brat
Living side by side
Was no easy ride

hollysteers Mon 14-Sept-26 22:13:47

She disliked the neighbours cat
Who was I admit quite a brat
Living side by side

Magenta8 Mon 14-Sept-26 16:57:41

She disliked the neighbours cat
Who was I admit quite a brat

GoldenLady Mon 14-Sept-26 15:50:32

His wife thought that she was a dog
She’d pant when she went for a jog
Kept her bowl on the floor
Would bark at the door
Or sit like a bump on a log

She disliked the neighbor's cat

hollysteers Sun 13-Sept-26 17:27:57

His wife thought that she was a dog
She’d pant when she went for a jog
Kept her bowl on the floor
Would bark at the door

GoldenLady Sun 13-Sept-26 16:28:05

His wife thought that she was a dog
She’d pant when she went for a jog
Kept her bowl on the floor

nanna8 Sun 13-Sept-26 11:07:00

His wife thought that she was a dog
She’d pant when she went for a jog

Magenta8 Sun 13-Sept-26 09:31:44

My neighbour thought he was a cat
As he frequently sat on the mat
He called out, "Meow!"
Caught a mouse somehow
Then jumped on my lap. Fancy that!

His wife thought that she was a dog

MollyNew Sat 12-Sept-26 18:08:28

My neighbour thought he was a cat
As he frequently sat on the mat
He called out, "Meow!"
Caught a mouse somehow

GoldenLady Sat 12-Sept-26 14:51:15

My neighbour thought he was a cat
As he frequently sat on the mat,
He called out, "Meow!

henetha Sat 12-Sept-26 11:04:30

My neighbour thought he was a cat
As he frequently sat on the mat,

hollysteers Sat 12-Sept-26 10:10:41

My favourite time of the year
Spring, seeing daffodils gives cheer
Snowdrops oh so white
Crocus, aconite
All blossoms to me are so dear.

My neighbour thought he was a cat