Gransnet forums

Games

LIMERICKS (April 2025 contd August 2026)

(189 Posts)
Magenta8 Sat 08-Aug-26 09:35:25

I would have liked to have a chat (First line)

Crocus5 Fri 04-Sept-26 15:27:48

Oh joy! Autumn is here at last
This summer is thankfully past
There’ll be cooler days

GoldenLady Fri 04-Sept-26 15:16:38

Oh joy! Autumn is here at last
This summer is thankfully past

Magenta8 Fri 04-Sept-26 12:57:52

Oh joy! Autumn is here at last

henetha Fri 04-Sept-26 12:03:36

New line please

SpinDriftCoastal Fri 04-Sept-26 11:47:37

Each word would begin with two L's
In Llandudno, the llamas wore bells
They lloved llicking llimes
And mimicking mimes
And cavorting about on the fells.

crazyH Thu 03-Sept-26 18:23:01

Each word would begin with two L's
In Llandudno, the llamas wore bells
They lloved llicking llimes
And mimicking mimes

hollysteers Thu 03-Sept-26 18:21:16

Each word would begin with two L’s
In Llandudno, the llamas wore bells
They loved llicking limes
Alongside their chimes

Magenta8 Thu 03-Sept-26 18:03:56

Each word would begin with two L's
In Llandudno, the llamas wore bells
They lloved llicking llimes

Magenta8 Thu 03-Sept-26 18:01:50

They lloved llicking llimes

MollyNew Thu 03-Sept-26 17:07:24

Each word would begin with two L's
In Llandudno, the llamas wore bells

GoldenLady Thu 03-Sept-26 15:58:26

The fluffy llama I would walk
And try hard to teach it to talk
Such a hopeless task
Far too much to ask
Its speech would cause people to gawk.

Each word would begin with two L's

Crocus5 Thu 03-Sept-26 14:08:40

The fluffy llama I would walk
And try hard to teach it to talk
Such a hopeless task
Far too much to ask

hollysteers Thu 03-Sept-26 12:55:56

The fluffy llama I would walk
And try hard to teach it to talk
Such a hopeless task

henetha Thu 03-Sept-26 11:32:59

The fluffy llama I would walk
And try hard to teach it to talk

(Sorry, spindriftcoastal, I stretched out your first line
to get it to 8 syllables which limericks have for 1st, 2nd and 5th lines. )

SpinDriftCoastal Thu 03-Sept-26 09:30:29

I would like an Alpaca or Llama
Either would be such a charmer
It’s different for sure
Got its own. allure
And comes across as much calmer.

The llama I'd walk

crazyH Tue 01-Sept-26 19:56:00

I would like an Alpaca or Llama
Either would be such a charmer
It’s different for sure
Got its own. allure

hollysteers Tue 01-Sept-26 19:34:53

I would like an Alpaca or Llama
Either would be such a charmer
It’s different for sure

Magenta8 Tue 01-Sept-26 18:35:52

I would like an Alpaca or Llama
Either would be such a charmer

MollyNew Tue 01-Sept-26 12:02:17

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?
Made a sound which was totally absurd
Sort of a squawk
Like some people talk
No sillier sound have I heard

I would like an Alpaca or Llama

SpinDriftCoastal Tue 01-Sept-26 08:38:09

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?
Made a sound which was totally absurd
Sort of a squawk
Like some people talk

GoldenLady Sun 30-Aug-26 14:57:36

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?
Made a sound which was totally absurd
Sort of a squawk

libra10 Sat 29-Aug-26 14:49:49

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?
Made a sound which was totally absurd

GoldenLady Sat 29-Aug-26 14:33:28

Do you have a lovable pet?
I haven't got a pet yet
But the one I'll get
I'll catch in a net
Is this limerick weird? Yes, you bet!

A butterfly? Maybe a bird?

Magenta8 Fri 28-Aug-26 20:56:07

Do you have a lovable pet?
I haven't got a pet yet
But the one I'll get
I'll catch in a net

SpinDriftCoastal Fri 28-Aug-26 19:47:09

Do you have a lovable pet?
I haven't got a pet, yet
Perhaps I'll get a rescue cat