Gransnet forums

Games

Thursday: Terrible Miss Mary Doll’s Totally Troublesome Teasers.

(122 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 04-Jun-20 08:03:55

Good morning class!

I TRUST YOU NOT TO POST THE ANSWERS! wink
Please PM instead!

Today, I am looking for the missing number and how you got your answer.

I will be back later on.

Nortsat Thu 04-Jun-20 08:11:27

Thiz iz meen... and i neeed kofee bee4 i tri 2 wurk it owt ...

Pantglas2 Thu 04-Jun-20 08:12:27

Ooh Miss how pritti is that! Is that a broidrie pattern fore the Andikraft Klass - I’ll goe an sett fings owt fore the gurls!

Marydoll Thu 04-Jun-20 08:24:12

Smartypants, Pantglass is class swot!

Now, don't spoil it by misbehaving!!!

Marydoll Thu 04-Jun-20 08:25:11

Oopsadaisy welcome to class. ?

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 04-Jun-20 08:26:56

Miss, I love the pattern, but do you think that yellow is the right way to go?
And I really hate to report it Miss, but someone has ‘borrowed’ my fountain pen. Again.
However, I have my new shoes on today, so I need to keep clean, neat and tidy so I won’t bash anyone to get it back. Sadly it’s very hard to keep clean in this classroom, but Mummy says I must accept that we are all different.

Pantglas2 Thu 04-Jun-20 08:28:01

Ohhhhh.......this is organyk innit Miss! I iss veri moovd ? an av cum ova orl unessesseri.......?

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 04-Jun-20 08:28:33

Thankyou Miss, I got yesterday’s right as well, but someone sat on me so I couldn’t put my hand up. Sometimes these other girls can be very um er lively....

Marydoll Thu 04-Jun-20 08:34:26

Oopsadaisy, you can't imagine how excited I am to have a well behaved child in class. Miss Charley is going to lovvvvve you! wink

dragonfly46 Thu 04-Jun-20 08:35:46

You can sit next to me Oopsadaisy I am very quiet and I won’t stamp on your new shoes.

Pantglas2 Thu 04-Jun-20 08:36:29

Oopsadaisy wellkym to klass ?. Thoes shooz is veri nyse - did ewe gettem from a mirer lyk wot Miss duz? He az borted er lottsa spensiff fings in de passed coz shee is kynd to im......

I wuddna bee bringin porsh pens too Skool ✒️ - dey iz lykli too endupp in de Fowntyn! ⛲️

Bathsheba Thu 04-Jun-20 08:45:48

Mawnin evvreewun. I kep finkin I is laet agenn wen I sees awl the uvvers awlreddy ear. But no! Iz cos Miss as bin pootin er mafs on the blakbored urlee! Iz it kos of the worm wevva Miss or iz it jus kos yoo karn wate to sea us awl?

Marydoll Thu 04-Jun-20 08:50:32

dragonfly, well done and an excellent explanation. ?.

I'm sending you a teacher's (((hug))) this morning. (I don't give them out readily, but I think you could do with one.)
I know you will be a good influence on Oopsadaisy, she will need someone in her corner! wink

Bathsheba well done! ?

I won't be back for a while, talk among yourselves!! grin

Bathsheba Thu 04-Jun-20 08:55:01

I werkt owt the arnsa Miss an ive pee emmd yoo. Ears a peess of caik fore yoo wot mine mum maid yessdae. Int it prittee? Iz a wanebo caik, kos it got awl the cullas ov the wanebo in it. Well, aksherly, not awl the cullas, kos itz oney got sicks an yoo tort us thares 7 cullas in a weel wanebo!

dragonfly46 Thu 04-Jun-20 08:55:22

Thank you for the hug Miss, made me feel much better.
Shall we read a book together Oopsadaisy?

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 04-Jun-20 08:58:40

Thankyou Miss and thank you very much dragonfly I would very much like to sit next to you, I will bring a damp cloth over to clean the seat. I just have to get the chewing gum out of my hair first, some children have no manners.
Pantglas thank you for your praise of my new shoes, mummy says I have to take care of them as they don’t grow on trees.

Bellanonna Thu 04-Jun-20 09:00:44

PMd you also!

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 04-Jun-20 09:01:07

Dragonfly I would love to read a book with you, I found one of Mummy’s it’s called ‘ why Mummy drinks’ . But there are no pictures.

Grannynannywanny Thu 04-Jun-20 09:06:59

I knowed it was a flook wen I got the maffs rite 2 days in a ro. I cant wurk this out. Its hurtin mine hed

dragonfly46 Thu 04-Jun-20 09:07:47

My Mummy drinks too - she has coffee every morning and tea in the afternoon - she says it keeps her drated or something. We could read that book but I like pictures.

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 04-Jun-20 09:12:48

My Mummy drinks water in a green bottle made by someone called Gordon , it’s Espeshially for Mummys.
She says she drinks shampoo, but that’s in the fridge,
But my shampoo is in my onsweet?
Aren’t grown ups strange?

Marydoll Thu 04-Jun-20 09:13:34

Bellanonna, so lovely to hear from you! You are indeed correct. ?

Now I really won't be back for a while. I've been trying to wash my hair for the last hour (seeing my admirer, just bought new boots, he's paying!) wink

Puzzler61 Thu 04-Jun-20 09:14:21

Good mornin’ Miss , Good mornin’ All.
Wow wot a big klass todae?
Nise shinee shoos Oops ? ?
I av pee emmed. Mine bwayn is workin so-so I fink it’s cos I ‘ad such a nise depe sleep. ? ?

Bathsheba Thu 04-Jun-20 09:18:42

Mine mum dwinkz alot aswel. She awlwase sez tha itz me wot drowv her to it, but I done unnerstan, kos Ive nevva drowven her ennyware. Ise not aloud too dryv kos yoo av to bee a gro nup to dryv karz.

I fink bofe mine pairuns are a bit craisee kos mine dad sez I av to taik no nowtiss of mum sumtims kos itz the alkyhole wots torkin. Thas darf! Alkyhole karn tork!

dragonfly46 Thu 04-Jun-20 09:30:29

You could ask Miss if it is okay to drink shampoo Oopsadaisy. She is very nice and kind.