Gransnet forums

Games

Story time. Write 3 sentences to continue the story

(229 Posts)
nanna8 Mon 25-Jan-21 10:10:36

Once upon a time there was a young girl who lived in a small village near the sea. One day she decided to go for a midnight walk along the beach. Suddenly she became aware that someone was following her.....

henetha Mon 25-Jan-21 10:40:32

She paused and could hear soft footsteps in the sand. But she had lived here all her life and knew a shortcut back to the village, so, trying not to run, she made her way up through the sand dunes until she

timetogo2016 Mon 25-Jan-21 10:46:27

Saw the small gap between some bushes and hid in it until

nanna8 Mon 25-Jan-21 23:20:31

She saw a strange light in the distance. It seemed to be moving towards her so she thought she would find out what it was. Gathering up her courage , she headed towards it but when she got close ..

Dragonella Tue 26-Jan-21 00:35:28

...she saw it was an old man, carrying a lantern. He was limping, but hurrying, and kept turning back to look behind him. Jeannie had forgotten she was being followed, but just then, she heard the soft footsteps behind her, and before she could turn around...

Hithere Tue 26-Jan-21 01:19:51

She heard her name called!
She could also see the soft glow of the lantern the person was carrying

That voice was so familiar! If she could only remember!

FannyCornforth Tue 26-Jan-21 01:30:03

...the old man came to a sudden halt - he spun around, his long coat swirling; he forcefully banged his lantern on the ground - Jeannie gasped as his features became clear.

The old fellow's face was the very picture of annoyance; he looked straight past Jeannie, and toward the unseen figure behind her.

"Why are you pair following me? Have you nothing better to do?" he demanded.

FannyCornforth Tue 26-Jan-21 01:31:27

Sorry! Cross posted with Hithere
Ignore mine smile

henetha Tue 26-Jan-21 11:01:17

It sounded so much like her beloved grandfather who had died several years ago. But how could that be, she wondered, hastening on towards the local pub where she

nanna8 Tue 26-Jan-21 11:05:32

thought she might have a relaxing drink or three. Grandfather would have liked it in the pub and he used to spend many an hour chatting and drinking with his friends. She was just about to go into the pub when

Hithere Tue 26-Jan-21 16:25:03

No worries fannycornforth!

Your continuation is very good!

AGAA4 Tue 26-Jan-21 16:45:17

she felt a hand on her shoulder. She froze, afraid to turn round. A voice close to her ear said

threexnanny Tue 26-Jan-21 16:57:11

I think you dropped your credit card on the path.
I picked it up for you and hoped you would stop as I can't run any more.
You must have heard me - why didn't you turn round?

Calendargirl Tue 26-Jan-21 17:43:05

Her heart racing, she knew that he was lying.
She hadn’t brought her credit card with her.
It was in her handbag back home in the cottage.

AGAA4 Tue 26-Jan-21 19:40:56

She asked him to show her the credit card. He grabbed her not knowing she was black belt in karate and

Smileless2012 Tue 26-Jan-21 19:44:57

as quick as a flash she high kicked him in the face promptly followed by a karate chop to his neck. He dropped like a stone and before he could get back on his feet, she ran as fast as she could.

nanna8 Tue 26-Jan-21 23:39:46

Later on she heard news that a man had been found dead near to the pub . She thought she must have killed him but was afraid to go to the police so she

Aldom Wed 27-Jan-21 00:14:21

Joined a circus!

Dragonella Wed 27-Jan-21 03:19:33

Jeannie zipped up the side of her spangled tunic and applied a couple of stars to her left cheek. Her new job as a circus acrobat could be tiring, but at least she felt safe from pursuit after her inadvertent killing of an unfortunate mugger. Only, for the last few nights, she'd noticed a tough-looking woman in the audience, watching her every move...

Calendargirl Wed 27-Jan-21 06:52:26

As she left the big top after her performance, she was aware that yet again she was being followed.
She swung round, and saw it was the woman from the audience.
“Who are you?” she cried.

nanna8 Wed 27-Jan-21 08:07:36

The woman produced an identity badge and said, “ I am Detective Sergeant Lydia Lett and I want you to come with me.” Jeannie panicked and

JdotJ Wed 27-Jan-21 08:48:18

Ran as fast as she could. Her circus skills allowed her to outrun the Detective and she sprinted onwards for some miles, barely dropping her pace until she came to

Nannina Wed 27-Jan-21 08:49:24

Ran into the lion enclosure. The handler, an admirer of Jeannie, pushed her to the side and opened the cage. The three lions rushed towards Lydia Lett and........

123gran Wed 27-Jan-21 08:50:37

doing a double somersault and a high kick, she vaulted over the police woman and fled straight into ..

skate Wed 27-Jan-21 08:53:50

A farmhouse on the edge of town. In the barn she could see a man getting into his tractor. He looked round, startled, as she ran breathlessly towards him.