Gransnet forums

Gardening

Gorgeous day, Summer has arrived at last...

(3 Posts)
jura2 Sat 01-Jun-19 11:50:00

had lovely weather late April, but May has been cold and rainy up here in t'mountains - so flowers and plants are about 2 weeks behind normal.

After 2 years of Spring knee replacements and NO gardening- it has been amazing to get the garden back from weeds and rubbish - all peonies and tree peonies are just about to burst - and even the ash in the front is now in leaf (always the last tree species) ... the little oak we brought from the UK and who is the only one in the region as we are a bit too high for oaks- is dong very well- I protected it the first 3 seasons, and it seems to hold it's own now. So very much 'oak before ash- a splash' this year, fingers crossed.

etheltbags1 Sun 21-Jul-19 21:53:58

Lovely to hear from a gardening fan like me. I work in the shade as my garden has trees. But ive been growing seeds and lost the labels so i planted the into pots and just waiting. I cant go in sun much as i work outdoors anyway and my skin is burnt despite factor 50 so as i said i do my gardening either later at night or take all my pots into the shady area to plant out. I love big trees too but have a small garden.

etheltbags1 Sun 21-Jul-19 21:56:01

Jura2 where are you as you said not in uk.