Gransnet forums

Gardening

Artificial Grass, Yay Or Nay.

(54 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Fri 21-Feb-20 23:07:41

My friend has asked me what I think to artificial grass, as he is thinking of having this, personally I know zilch about it, so I thought I would ask you wonderful people if any of you have this. Or know of people that have,

Billybob4491 Sat 22-Feb-20 16:11:28

As our health declined we decided to have artificial grass installed and quite frankly it was the best decision for us. It is well drained, kept its shape, and we have kept side borders for bird/insect life etc., Gardeners for hire in my area are like golddust, everyone's needs are different, it suits us

Dec46 Sat 22-Feb-20 16:30:11

I have it in my small,tiered garden It is on top of decking which as here when I moved in. It brightens up my garden,drains easily because it has drainage holes in the underlay,I wouldnt be able to look after a lawn here. I get lots of birds,squirrels and slow worms in my garden as I have large planted borders and tree surrounding the grass.My cat loves to lie on it and I can have tables,chairs on top of it so be are both happy.
I had a beautiful lawn in my previous property but it needed an incredible amount of work on my part to keep it looking like that and I wouldn't have the energy to do that now.

Artdecogran Sat 22-Feb-20 20:00:32

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.