Gransnet forums

Gardening

Peace Lilies

(6 Posts)
Franbern Sun 22-Mar-20 15:36:30

I have three of these, love them dearly. Not only do they look good, but also anti-pollutiant. They thrive in the inside of my patio windows. Just wondering if any one could let me know if it would be safe to place these outside on my balcony? Obviously, at present would bring them in whilst nights are getting cold, but can these live outdoors in a warm area in this country in the summer?

lemongrove Sun 22-Mar-20 17:24:30

I put all our indoor plants outside for the Summer, including a peace lily, however I don’t do it yet, too early.May would be about right, but keep an eye on the weather.
Some I put in shade, others in sun, the peace lily goes in half shade with a bit of sun. Tender leaves can burn, so a bit of shade is good.

phoenix Sun 22-Mar-20 17:35:21

I have 2, neither of which have "flowered" for ages sad

Anniebach Sun 22-Mar-20 17:52:00

I have given up on them, 3 have died

Franbern Mon 23-Mar-20 12:33:51

The largest of these was sent to me by my two youngest daughters when I moved here end of October, last year. Since then it has grown a great deal and has never had less than five flowers on it at any time, sometimes 8 flowers. It lives mainly on a small table just inside the patio windows. The other two, - well one was a tiny plant as part of my Mothers Day basket of flowers last year, all the other flowers in that faded and died, I transplanted this and it has grown a great deal,but as yet, no flowers, The third, I purchased - again as a tiny plant - nearly a year ago, this also has grown,but no flowers. Even without flowers, they give a lovely splash of green, and are so good in the room for getting rid of pollutants.

Fennel Mon 23-Mar-20 16:24:01

I have 2, both given as a gift when we moved to this house 2 years ago, and both are doing OK.
They're on a SE facing windowsill, watered twice a week.
I'm surprised because I've never been good with indoor plants.
I didn't know they were called peace lilies.