Gransnet forums

Gardening

Chelsea!!

(38 Posts)
Aveline Mon 23-May-22 09:19:50

I loved that William Morris garden. I'm not a garden but I love visiting them.

merlotgran Mon 23-May-22 09:18:47

I don’t have the energy for Chelsea these days. My last visit was twenty years ago!

I did buy two tickets about ten years ago but DH was ill so a friend of mine sold them for me on the day. I made £80 profit! ??

lixy Mon 23-May-22 09:18:28

Ooo Vegansrock have a great time. Hope the weather holds for you. looking forward to hearing an 'insiders's' view.

J52 Mon 23-May-22 09:10:35

Enjoy Chelsea, Vegansrock. I last went just before Lockdown, I didn’t fancy the Autumn version.
Don’t forget to wear comfy shoes! This year it’s Hampton Court for me, I do a rotation, Tatton Park last year.
I love the flower marquees, the fragrance is devine.

vegansrock Mon 23-May-22 02:13:23

I’m going to Chelsea later this week! So looking forward to it. Rain forecast for today, but should be dry and not too hot later in the week. Fingers crossed!

Abitbarmy Sun 22-May-22 22:12:44

Time to do the ‘Chelsea Chop’ then, I better get the shears out. I started with one ‘Totally Tangering’ a few years ago, I must have about ten now as I’ve split it up several times. A great do-er.

BigBertha1 Sun 22-May-22 22:06:16

The irises were lovely. I have always loved the purple ones but the amber ones were so interesting. The paintings or irises were wonderful..pricey I expect.

lixy Sun 22-May-22 21:43:30

I thought the bee garden was great; lots of inspiration to attract pollinators.
The irises were amazing - so many shades of different colours.
Roll on tomorrow!

merlotgran Sun 22-May-22 20:29:57

I love geums. Hoping to introduce them to my new garden.

I also liked Joe’s Bee Garden. Really looking forward to looking at all the show gardens in more detail.

I do wish Carol Klein would ditch the yellowy green suit that she always wears. The weird pattern sets off my trypophobia. ?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 22-May-22 19:20:35

Oops it wasn’t a butterfly garden it was a bee garden, no idea where my brain is today, sorry.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 22-May-22 18:39:05

I loved the butterfly garden

Casdon Sun 22-May-22 18:37:23

If it is anything like the Malvern Spring Show, this will be very popular. It’s a newish geum, called ‘totally tangerine’, and it was in every show garden. I noticed how many there were because I’ve got one in my garden (which started flowering in January for some reason).

lixy Sun 22-May-22 18:22:52

Coverage has started. Apparently lily-of-the-valley is the Queen's favourite flower, so there's a display of them.
I wonder what other trends there will be this year.