Gransnet forums

Gardening

Just thought I’d share….,,.

(47 Posts)
Katek Sat 02-Jul-22 12:31:54

So pleased with my hanging baskets this year thought I’d like to share one. Hope it brings a smile…….?

BlueBelle Sat 02-Jul-22 23:25:50

Ouch where did that go

BlueBelle Sat 02-Jul-22 23:26:49

So two together first one didn’t post so did it again now got two apologies folks

LauraNorderr Sat 02-Jul-22 23:28:06

Delightful basket of beauty katek, certainly did bring a smile to my face.
The other photos are lovely too.
I’m pleased you’re able to take some pleasure in your pots gMattie, my thoughts are with you.
We too have suffered these horrid strong winds Luckygirl, our plants are being blown to bits in Anglesey. Hope you’re feeling a bit brighter.

LauraNorderr Sat 02-Jul-22 23:29:47

Wow BlueBelle what a feast, clever you.

RichmondPark Sun 03-Jul-22 00:17:25

Gosh yesespee I can see it. Wow that's amazing. I didn't see it until you said and now I wonder if it's the beast of Exmoor ?

JackyB Sun 03-Jul-22 06:30:15

I can't see it despite enlarging the picture and looking all over it. But then I could never decipher those "magic eye" pictures that were all the rage some years back.

The 1000 words thread is here:

www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1289745-1000-words-1000-posts-lets-get-back?pg=35#prettyPhoto

Esspee Sun 03-Jul-22 07:22:39

RichmondPark

Gosh yesespee I can see it. Wow that's amazing. I didn't see it until you said and now I wonder if it's the beast of Exmoor ?

I am so glad I’m not alone Richmond Park?. I went to bed last night wondering if my aunt’s Dementia with Lewey bodies might run in the family.
For anyone wishing to see it the top duck is the eye, the second the nose etc.

Joseanne Sun 03-Jul-22 07:26:34

I saved some of my roses before the heavy rains and made a table arrangement.

Great photos on here, all beautiful. The 1000 words thread is lurking somewhere, but difficult to find as it isn't trending. At least it encouraged more photos in general across the boards.

Joseanne Sun 03-Jul-22 07:27:43

Cross Post JackyB!

Joseanne Sun 03-Jul-22 07:29:26

* or maybe I forgot to turn the page after the fruit and veg?!

dragonfly46 Sun 03-Jul-22 07:36:36

Beautiful photos!

BlueBelle Sun 03-Jul-22 07:43:13

JackieB that link you posted to the 1000 word thread takes me straight to the cow and the moooved message

CanadianGran Sun 03-Jul-22 08:15:03

Beautiful photos! Our gardens are off to a slow start since we had such a cold spring. My peonies are just starting, and sweetpeas are only about 8" high. My pots are looking pretty nice though, since they are in a sunny spot.

nanna8 Sun 03-Jul-22 08:19:11

They are so lovely these photos. It is the middle of winter here, not much flowering but one positive is that avocados are the cheapest they have been for many,many years , about $1 each down here, probably cheaper where they grow up north.

H1954 Sun 03-Jul-22 08:29:28

Beautiful photographs of flowers and produce! Isn't Mother Nature amazing? We have also started to pick vegetables and soft fruits with a promise of many more to come.

lixy Sun 03-Jul-22 09:44:16

Lovely gardens, thank you for sharing.

I didn't take a photo but had fun yesterday harvesting the first crop of salad potatoes with the GCn yesterday.

nadateturbe Sun 03-Jul-22 10:02:47

Lovely photos.

Bluebelle impressive!

Witzend Sun 03-Jul-22 10:17:04

Absolutely beautiful! I never managed any half as lovely.

The only hanging basket I have this year (a fairly small one) contains one petunia - splashy purple and white - that were 3 for a fiver in Asda. But this year I’ve cottoned on to the idea of pruning back fairly hard, to make it bushier/a lot less leggy. So far it seems to be working.

I didn’t like to bin the pruned shoots - they last surprisingly well in a small vase.

My sweet peas have gone rampant - I’m picking a lot about every 3 days now. This was a recent picking that went to a neighbour.
No other particularly special flowers alas in a titchy garden that’s mostly shrubs.

RichmondPark Sat 09-Jul-22 10:08:46

I can almost smell those beautiful sweet peas Witzend.

Here's my tiny wildflower meadow - all from one £1.99 packet of seeds! It was so easy. I sowed, watered and now I have this...full of bees!

DaisyAnne Sat 09-Jul-22 10:11:47

A meadow doesn't have to be big! Ping (that's my brain). Thank you so much RP

giulia Mon 11-Jul-22 10:57:50

MiniMoon

Very pretty combination of colours.
May I hijack your thread? I wanted to share the sunset from a couple of evenings ago, but couldn't find the 1000 words thread.
Here it is.

Thank you for this - Sunsets are my THING!