Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

The London Gazette

(6 Posts)
paradisemerton Mon 23-Apr-12 14:18:57

Does anyone know much about this? I have always thought it was really used for company insolvency, bankruptcy, and military honour reporting. But a google search for the name of one of my "lost" aunts, to see if she is still alive, threw up a page listing her as an employee of HMSO in 1982. This helps me in the initial enquiry not a jot, but I am curious as to why she should be named in the London Gazette at all? Are all civil servants listed? She was a relatively humble though long serving clerical assistant, not a high flying head of department.

Cheers,

Vicki100 Sun 18-Nov-12 15:46:00

Hi all,
would anyone have any tips in keeping warm in this cold weather.

The central heating is on in the morning for a couple of hours and again in the evening.

I am wearing loads of thermal clothes, including gloves and hat, but I shiver nearly all day and have chilblains on my fingers and toes.

Hubby dosen't feel the cold like me, but then he is almost twice the size of me.

Thanks for reading,
Vicki

jeni Sun 18-Nov-12 15:57:02

Dancing!

gracesmum Sun 18-Nov-12 16:08:55

I've seen how threads meander away from the OP but am totally confused here!

Nonu Sun 18-Nov-12 16:46:53

Perhaps Vicki is new , and a bit uncertain where to post ! grin

janeainsworth Mon 19-Nov-12 09:06:38

paradise I don't know what the London Gazette is either, but I googled my grandfather's name once and found a reference in its pages, that he was awarded the Croix de Guerre in 1919.