Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

Donna Summer

(6 Posts)
Daisyanswerdo Tue 22-May-12 22:48:48

Thank you, when. She has never had children, and it's probably now too late; this is of course a source of regret for me, but maybe, just maybe, it's for the best. We'll never know for sure. When she rang me the next morning, you can imagine the relief, mingled with the thought of all the people still waiting for their loved ones to make contact.

whenim64 Tue 22-May-12 11:04:28

Daisy I sincerely hope your daughter suffers no physical ill-effects. Enough harm was done having to go through that terrible time.

Daisyanswerdo Tue 22-May-12 10:58:54

My daughter was working on Wall Street on 9/11. I didn't hear from her until the next morning - she walked back to Brooklyn, though she was advised not to, because she had two cats! She won't talk about it, but I remember her saying 'You don't know what you're breathing in'. She doesn't live in New York any more and I just have to hope no permanent harm was done.

whenim64 Tue 22-May-12 10:47:41

Oh, I didn't know that Anagram. That's shocking. What a terrible way to ruin someone's health on top of all the other trauma that 9/11 inflicted.

Anagram Tue 22-May-12 10:15:00

OH was a great fan of hers.
She actually claimed that her lung cancer had been caused by toxic waste from the 9/11 attack.

susiecb Tue 22-May-12 10:07:35

I've put Donna Summer under this thread as her music for me evoked so many memories of early relationships and hot summer nights. Such a pity she had lung cancer which whatever she may have done or not done singing in clubs, halls etc in the days when smoking was allowed couldn't have been a good thing. I was reminded of poor Roy Castle and his passive smoking related condition. RIP Donna you gave me some lovely memories and is till love the music.