Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

Like a sieve

(41 Posts)
nanaej Mon 09-Jul-12 21:06:05

I ordered a skip online to help my SiL out who is coming to put new patio down for us this week. Supposed to be arriving on Wednesday. Have not had confirmation email and cannot remember name of firm! Wrote down 3 that I contacted but were too expensive. I was obviously so excited to be quoted a better price I did not write their name and number down...just went on their website and booked it! All efforts to track back have drawn a blank! I am so stupid. confused

Anagram Mon 09-Jul-12 21:12:43

Well, when it turns up you'll be able to check! Don't worry - why do you need to know now anyway? It's ordered, that's the main thing. smile

greenmossgiel Mon 09-Jul-12 21:15:07

Hopefully, it'll just arrive, nanaej? Can you not find it by going back through your sent emails/card payments?

merlotgran Mon 09-Jul-12 21:20:33

Just type skip hire into your search engine, nanaej. Most recently visited websites should be displayed on the left. Visited websites are normally coloured purple rather than blue so you might be able to pick it out.

nanaej Mon 09-Jul-12 21:40:32

I have tried that merlot but I looked at so many and the websites are all v similar!! I have wasted over an hour revisiting skip websites!! hmm

green I did the order via their website so not listed on emails and was paying cash on delivery so at least money OK!!.

Am worried the order did not go through as I have not had a promised confirmation so then there will be no skip on Wednesday when needed!!
I feel such an idiot! Am normally better organised.

greenmossgiel Mon 09-Jul-12 21:50:38

Don't feel daft - bet it's just because the confirmation email just hasn't been sent out yet. When did you order the skip? If you haven't had confirmation by tomorrow morning, why not order another, and if the original one IS delivered, tell them that you thought it hadn't gone through as there was no confirmation. In that case it would be the company's fault for not confirming, anyway.

Anagram Mon 09-Jul-12 22:22:28

Good thinking green - except that nanaej doesn't know which firm she ordered the skip from! confused

nanaej Tue 10-Jul-12 06:49:43

I will give it until after lunch for an email to arrive then re think! Thanks for your advice smile

Faye Tue 10-Jul-12 07:25:55

Can you look at your history nanaej as that would show you exactly what you looked at a particular time and day when you were searching. On Internet Explorer I found it under favourites and under Chrome it is under tools.

glassortwo Tue 10-Jul-12 07:33:55

nanaej phone your bank they will confirm who took the payment, if the order has not gone through they won't have taken payment so you can reorder.

Elegran Tue 10-Jul-12 08:10:19

Good idea, Faye the last one looked at will be the one nanaej ordered from. Whenever anyone said they had found something in the last place they looked, my father would reply "Of course - they didn't look anywhere else after that"

Notsogrand Tue 10-Jul-12 08:52:13

Have you checked your Spam folder for the confirmation email?

gracesmum Tue 10-Jul-12 11:04:22

Good point notso - also, nanaej don't beat yourself up about it! You are not going doolally, you just have other things on your mind. Have a brew or a wine depending on the time of day and don't worry!!

merlotgran Tue 10-Jul-12 11:13:16

So tomorrow I'll be....Making DH's packed lunch for his fishing trip, putting out the rubbish, feeding chickens, walking dogs and wondering if nanaej's skip has turned up hmm

Ella46 Tue 10-Jul-12 12:47:57

I was waiting for a confirmation e mail from my online security and it was in my Spam file, as Notso suggested!

yogagran Tue 10-Jul-12 13:42:46

I was reading all the way down these posts and it seems that Faye and Notso have already said what I was planning to say. It will surely be the last relevant one on the history list. Hope it turns up nanaej

greenmossgiel Tue 10-Jul-12 14:37:59

I liked that, merlotgan - it made me laugh! Sums us up on here, really, doesn't it! grin

nanaej Tue 10-Jul-12 19:16:47

Thank you everyone I appreciate all your comments and support. smileHave checked spam and searched and searched so just have to wait and see! Promise I will let you know whatever happens!! Though with the rain tipping down not sure if they will start taking up paving and digging up the grass!

jeni Tue 10-Jul-12 20:17:56

Money?
Yes!
Yes

Anagram Tue 10-Jul-12 20:20:26

What? confused

jeni Tue 10-Jul-12 20:36:51

Money is short. People are DESPARATE
Work= money

Therefore:- work?

nanaej Tue 10-Jul-12 20:42:38

Ahh! jeni it is my SiLs firm that is doing the work..he is v busy..am always amazed that he is so busy..though he is good & nearly 100% of jobs are result of word of mouth. He has other inside work he could do! Not least a former colleagues bathroom!

jeni Tue 10-Jul-12 20:45:51

Pity he's not round here!

nanaej Tue 10-Jul-12 20:53:33

Just done a lot of work in a home of Michael Caine's daughter! V expensive wallpaper I gather!!

jeni Tue 10-Jul-12 20:55:13

Mines anaglypta and all paint is white!