Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

Free Ancestry for three days

(5 Posts)
Floradora9 Wed 21-Feb-18 21:42:23

From Friday 23rd . you can access their records free for three days . I am going to make use of it but beware if you family were Scottish they are not so hot on the Scotland records. They blame the Scottish government not allowing them to access some records.

Jalima1108 Wed 21-Feb-18 22:32:38

Thanks Floradora
Is that the whole of it, including American records? I refuse to pay a lot more just to try to find out about a couple of family members and then discover it wasn't them after all.

prestbury Sun 01-Apr-18 21:57:08

Another freebie currently underway with Ancestry for UK, Ireland and Commonwealth records only, until midnight tomorrow.

Situpstraight Sun 01-Apr-18 22:01:35

Scottish records are available, I think from Scotland’s People, but you have to pay.

However, when you click on the BMD info you can see the actualbirth, marriage and death certificates, so a much nicer find for your records.

Floradora9 Mon 02-Apr-18 18:07:07

FreeBMD is an ongoing project, the aim of which is to transcribe the Civil Registration index of births, marriages and deaths for England and Wales, and to provide free Internet access to the transcribed records. It is a part of the Free UK Genealogy family, which also includes FreeCEN (Census data) and FreeREG (Parish Registers). To search the records that have so far been transcribed by FreeBMD click on the Search button below.