Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

Anyone on this Forces site?

(7 Posts)
AlieOxon Wed 15-Aug-18 13:10:16

HOW does one unsubscribe from the Forces Reunited site?

I joined briefly several years ago, found very little, told them I was unsubscribing, stopped paying them - and I still get emails, one just now! I can't make my way to anything that says the usual 'unsubscribe'.

Help please?

grannygray51 Sun 02-Sep-18 11:19:12

Hi there
I would email them and ask them. Bit surprized that they don't have an unsubscribe though, ask them that too!!
Good luck

M0nica Sun 02-Sep-18 14:45:28

I used to be on it, but signed out and am still receiving emails. I thought all that would end when the GBTR(???) or whatever it was called came in at the beginning/end of May.

Marydoll Sun 02-Sep-18 17:28:29

It's called GDPR, Monica. They really should have contacted you , informed you how they are keeping your personal sensitive information safe and asked you to contact them if you do not agree with the terms and conditions.

M0nica Sun 02-Sep-18 19:07:40

Thank you Marydoll I cannot even say I had all the right letters but in the wrong order!. I know what it is all about and what it does, but reduced to a meaningless acronym of similarly sounding letters that do not make a 'word' acronym. I cannot be bothered to memorise it. It sounds more like a transport project than a data protection law!

Marydoll Sun 02-Sep-18 19:49:33

grin

AlieOxon Fri 07-Sep-18 12:59:23

No luck getting rid of emails yet....