Gransnet forums

Genealogy/memories

My Heritage

(14 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 29-Oct-18 10:35:35

Anyone use this ? I am with Ancestry and Find My Past but have read several reports praising My Heritage

Thanks

Cabbie21 Tue 30-Oct-18 11:13:25

No, I have not heard of this one. Sorry.

Anniebach Tue 30-Oct-18 11:15:16

Thank you Cabbie

jusnoneed Tue 30-Oct-18 12:06:50

Just had a quick look at the site, it looks well laid out. You can have a free trial. Difficult to find costs though.

Anniebach Tue 30-Oct-18 12:23:29

I couldn’t find costs jusnoneed. Think I will stick with Ancestry and Find My Past .

Thank you

Telly Tue 30-Oct-18 13:57:02

Not heard of it. Have used Ancestry for a long time, think it is now time to stop, except now and then they come up with something new.

Cabbie21 Sat 03-Nov-18 13:52:40

Yes I have made good use of Ancestry. My membership is due for renewal,and I will renew as I want to keep the information and somehow write it up. I have not yet found an ideal way to print out sections of my family tree without using a huge amount of paper.

cavewoman Sat 03-Nov-18 14:23:37

Cabbie You don't need to renew your membership. Your tree will still be available to view and print.

Cabbie21 Sat 03-Nov-18 19:49:24

Oh, thank you. I do want to do some more work though. I haven’t yet caught up on the 1939 Register with everybody.

Anniebach Sat 03-Nov-18 20:13:56

I have problems putting all I have on my tree onto paper

mrsmopp Sat 08-Dec-18 23:18:15

Cave woman, Are you sure? I thought once your sub had expired you couldn't view censuses or do searches or print documents you have saved to your tree. You won't get hints either. Am I wrong?
I could be wrong. I think on Find my past you can access it.
I need to check on this. Of course you could use your library to access your tree and it's free of charge.

Cherries Fri 19-Apr-19 13:34:17

Hi Anniebach

I've been using My Heritage for years. It is very expensive if you want the best package which gives access to an enormous and ever-growing database but I am finding it to be a fascinating and at times addictive gateway to uncovering 1000s of likely forebears, dating back to the C13th and possibly earlier. Ancestry.com seems to have some information which is not (yet) on MH and this is sometimes frustrating for me as I cannot afford to be a member of both. Having some Scottish relations, I also have to pay extra to view and check certain records on Scotland's People that MH lacks currently but might acquire in the future. On the whole, however, I find it worthwhile to stick with MH.

sukalu88 Wed 30-Oct-19 08:51:09

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Bathsheba Wed 30-Oct-19 09:11:25

Reported