jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 09:30:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pompa Wed 19-Oct-11 09:35:36

Jinglej, not sure that is going to encourage Granddads to post. angry

jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 09:43:49

"twee" and "mumsy"

angry also pomps

jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 09:46:23

I can't see anything in Actives that is either of those things.

bagitha Wed 19-Oct-11 09:48:42

Challenge: define 'mumsy'.

Also 'dadsy', or whatever the male equivalent is.

I love being a mum but I'm not mumsy. ariadne is right and PRob was just having a whinge.

Oh no! There's that offensive word again!! How did that happen?

bagitha Wed 19-Oct-11 09:50:49

Um.... Couldn't the grandads do grandaddy chat in the shed if they wanted to? Nothing stopping them that I can see.

Challenge: define grandaddy chat as opposed to granny chat.

jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 09:51:25

I will ask for my slightly extreme response to be deleted.

The more poilite response would be 'bye then.

jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 09:53:04

I thought that was what the shed was for Bagitha. hmm

jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 09:55:47

Can't quite "get my head round" why a grandad would be posting on Mumsnet! grin

Though I'm sure all are welcome. smile

bagitha Wed 19-Oct-11 10:15:36

Mind you, we did ask for it, sort of... asking where they all were. Though I thought that was called 'being friendly'.

jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 10:20:35

Blimey! That was quick! grin

(do you think they are as addicted as the rest of us? smile)

jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 10:22:12

Isn't that a nice way of putting it - "withdrawn at poster's request"!

Ahh! smile

Ariadne Wed 19-Oct-11 11:17:17

Thank you for your choice of words, Pompa! Makes all the difference. smile

bagitha Wed 19-Oct-11 12:01:36

It does indeed, but we all know pomps is a gentleman grandad (with one 'd' wink). And I can now tell you on good authority that Baggy has baggied off to whinge about whinging somewhere else or, rather, she's gone to do some research in a thesaurus.

jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 12:04:01

Wow!!!! shock

Respect

bagitha Wed 19-Oct-11 12:14:47

Heh! Heh! What she didn't say is that the thesaurus is on the 'ompinter' ( as DD used to call it) so she doesn't have to go anywhere physically. However, she now has ironing to do because the spare bed where it piles up is needed this weekend. She only iron tea-towels, hankies and table napkins, mainly so they can be folded flatter and will fit in the drawer more easily.

She's only looking up acceptable alternatives to the dreaded 'w' word.

Elegran Wed 19-Oct-11 12:17:03

Thesaurus - Lots of nice words and phrases but not much of a plot.

Elegran Wed 19-Oct-11 12:18:22

I almost made a comment about hoping the wheels don't fall off your thesaurus before you got there. You must have heard me.

jinglej Wed 19-Oct-11 12:21:59

Yeah, I got spare beds to do - half term coming up. hmm (Not really! I love it! grin)

GoldenGran Wed 19-Oct-11 12:36:52

I have just been reading these posts and would like too to protest about twee and mumsy. Gransnet is for Grandparents to chat on, and as it is usually Grans that like to talk more than Grandads, it is predominantly female. We discuss everything on here, both serious and flippant and stuff in-between. If people find it dull or not to their tastes, why don't they start a forum that interests them? As I have said before there should be room for all sorts on here. I have also put my name on some of the e-petitions, including the coastguard one, and if it wasn't for Gransnet I would never have seen them.

pompa Wed 19-Oct-11 13:36:36

Bagitha, you are right it did start off friendly, and will finish that way smile.

Mumsy/twee were not my words, not really sure what they mean, but sound slightly insulting to me.

Many of the subjects are now female oriented and some are definitely no go areas for us blokes. I guess we don't go public on some of the more sensitive male subjects.

Where I think I can contribute, I will do so, either seriously or flippantly (many of the recent threads have been too serious to make flippant comment on).

So lets end this squabble. As this is Granddads shed, and I seem to be the only Granddad that is around atm, it's my shed !!!! grin.

But it would be very lonely without a few Grandma's in here, so everyone is welcome.

Granddady subjects ??? Difficult to define, what is easier is to define are those subjects that are NOT Granddady eg. Tights etc.

My RL shed is shutting down for the winter, garden furniture stacked away, tender plants brought in -- I hate winter.

Meanwhile Granddads shed has a wood burner (can't remember who donated that) so we can keep it open all year, bit chilly today out on the veranda.

Just had my stitches out in my hand, so should be able to get on with autumn planting next week.

GoldenGran Wed 19-Oct-11 14:56:47

Nice to be back in the shed, and I'll help collect the wood for the burnerPompa thanks

bagitha Wed 19-Oct-11 15:12:34

I'm quite good at splitting wood. Plenty of practice smile.

Sbagran Wed 19-Oct-11 15:41:08

pompa I refer you to my reply to PoppaRob - get the granddads working so save lives!!! (please! smile)
Why do you grandads need us women to post threads of interest - post some of your own and see what happens - we would love to hear from you!!!
I missed geraldine as well - do you reckon she will be on the BBC news at 6???