Gransnet forums

Grandads' shed

Grandad's shed

(150 Posts)
Bob Mon 14-Jan-13 22:36:22

hi out ther, new to the grandad's shed

GandTea Tue 14-Jun-16 19:27:58

Where are all the Granddads ?.
Are there any lurking, afraid to poke their heads up with all the angst flying around ?

rosesarered Tue 14-Jun-16 20:18:39

If this thread is reanimated it may bring a few out of hiding....or, maybe you are the only one left in captivity GandTea ?

GandTea Tue 14-Jun-16 21:15:41

I think they may have all been driven away sad

GandTea Tue 14-Jun-16 21:18:24

Time to lock up the shed and leave it to the mice.

Ana Tue 14-Jun-16 21:20:01

Grumppa and crun are still around, but post very infrequently...sad

GandTea Tue 14-Jun-16 21:22:18

Not seen them for ages.

Ana Tue 14-Jun-16 21:25:15

Grumppa posted the other day, but I'm afraid I can't remember which thread it was on.

grannylyn65 Tue 14-Jun-16 21:29:00

Am a single Gran and I ? my new shed ...

phoenix Tue 14-Jun-16 21:34:03

I wonder what happened to Pete?

Ana Tue 14-Jun-16 21:35:19

Surely you remember he died, phoenix! shock You did comment on the thread at the time...

phoenix Tue 14-Jun-16 21:40:03

What!? I remember Feetlebaum died,

Ana Tue 14-Jun-16 21:49:30

www.gransnet.com/forums/other_subjects/a1215162-R-I-P-Pete

Sorry, phoenix - perhaps you did miss it and I wrongly remembered you posting. A sad loss.

Tegan Tue 14-Jun-16 22:12:50

Feetlebaum died? When??

Tegan Tue 14-Jun-16 22:19:09

Just found the thread. I was away in January so must have missed it. Was only thinking about him the other day sad.

Cherrytree59 Tue 14-Jun-16 22:42:11

Please keep the shed open GandTea You never know who might been passing by or who may need to duck in to avoid a bit of flack!

I suppose Gransnet name doesn't jump out as a place for Grandads to visit.

I expect those that have come on board, probably just lurked first to see what GN is all about.

Grandad's shed on the forum shows Grandads (or uncles etc) that they are welcome.

Perhaps GN 'powers that be' should have a campaign to make Grandads more aware of the lovely welcome they would receive on GN smile

GandTea Wed 15-Jun-16 06:31:19

Cherrytree59. At one time we had quite a few active Granddads. Unfortunately, they don't get the warm welcome you suggest, there are some that would prefer this to be a Grandma forum only.
Most of us have been attacked for our opinions in a way the had those opinions been made by a woman, would have passed un-noticed. Eventually we just think "why bother" and wander off.
I have stopped posting on several threads now for that very reason, but i also find the current spell of angst and back biting that is going on in so many threads atm.
I opened the shed a few years ago, I cannot close it, only GNHQ can do that. But for me it is now locked.

Newquay Wed 15-Jun-16 08:19:00

How sad. I find some of the posts awful but that's free speech for you-not on here I mean. I've only just seen this, didn't know there was one for Grandads-not that DH would use it.
By the time he'd have the thing open he would have forgotten anything he was going to say and, in any event, he wouldn't be -arsed- bothered enough. Too busy. . . .

PRINTMISS Wed 15-Jun-16 08:37:53

I think it is a shame if the men do not feel included. Personally, I quite like the company of men, and in some cases prefer it, certainly seem to get on better with them than I do with some women, probably because I have always had men around me, and enjoy their banter.

GandTea Wed 15-Jun-16 08:59:37

Newquay. I started "Granddads Shed" not as a refuge for men, rather a place where we could discuss subjects more male orientated, sort of a male annex to Soops kitchen. (ie moan about our wives smile )
Ladies have always been welcome, especially those bearing cakes smile

Printmiss, It is a shame IMO that we don't get more GD's posting. But, especially of late, I do feel that posting is like walking on eggshells.
As you are probably aware, i love banter, but it is easily taken seriously/out of context, by those that wish to.

GandTea Fri 17-Jun-16 09:05:07

Bumping this tread up to see if any granddads have arrived

Teetime Fri 17-Jun-16 09:12:34

Where's Old Peculiar bet he enjoys shed talk.

PRINTMISS Fri 17-Jun-16 09:22:04

I wonder if there are too many grand-dads doing the washing up while the other half is busy on Gransnet?

GandTea Fri 17-Jun-16 09:35:42

GnT chokes on his coffee grin

Greyduster Fri 17-Jun-16 10:57:27

I could pop in now and again and talk about fishing! I'd wear my hat with the flies stuck in it (and I mean stuck cos I can't get the buggers out now without cutting the hat!)

Nonnie1 Fri 17-Jun-16 11:35:49

I don't mind talking to Granddads.. I'm quite partial to a man or two but one at a time please !