Gransnet forums

Grandads' shed

Adverts I hate

(121 Posts)
pompa Thu 25-Sep-14 18:16:55

There are nay adverts that bug me, but my current top of the list is the Knor stock pots one, he asks "is this beef local" the reply "Yes, it comes just 70 mile away" is ridiculous. We live on the East Coast, 70 miles could include France/Holland etc. For anyone living in the Midlands it would include much of England. My local Tesco can at least get meat/veg from the same county.

What gets your goat?

Bellasnana Fri 24-Feb-17 15:47:14

MissAdventure you took the words out of my mouth. I can't watch it, it irritates me so. It makes you wonder who comes up with these pathetic advertisements. angry

Mapleleaf Wed 29-Mar-17 13:01:50

I can't stand those moneysupermarket ads either. I find them repulsive. Maybe it's just me. Yuk!!

rubysong Wed 29-Mar-17 13:14:21

"As clean as a man called David". There's something irritating about that child's voice, and it is on so often.

Atqui Wed 29-Mar-17 14:29:54

Oh those repulsive men in denim shorts [mapleleaf]. Yuk indeed.

RosieLeah Tue 11-Jul-17 19:59:44

That Australian girl talking about 'the exact same room' I find it confusing. Is she saying the same room has different prices depending on who you book with...or does she mean the same type of room?

hoathienduy Mon 17-Jul-17 16:38:55

I am very sad to not use this product
thegioiconhantao.vn/co-nhan-tao-san-vuon-gia-re-chuyen-thi-cong-lap-dat-co-nhan-tao/

hoathienduy Tue 18-Jul-17 16:46:28

El servicio a la comunidad nacional, de modo que la Universidad, como centro de educación superior, se convierta en eficiente y callada servidora de la nación y coopere en la solución de los problemas que le presenten las autoridades y la iniciativa privada.
hoaduyfood.com/cach-nhan-biet-mat-ong-nguyen-chat-that-hay-gia.html
hoaduyfood.com/san-pham/ca-phe-nguyen-chat

Elegran Tue 18-Jul-17 17:24:48

A link to a Vietnamese page on "Artificial garden cheap lawn in hcm- construction artificial grass" ? which you are very sad not to use, hoathienduy ?

And then a Spanish post which translates to "The service to the national community, so that the University, as a center of higher education, become efficient and quiet servant of the nation and cooperate in the solution of problems presented by the authorities and private initiative." and has a link to a Vietnamese food page "How to identify real honey?"

Are you practising your IT skills?

stayanotherday Tue 24-Oct-17 23:05:55

The James Corden adverts, enough already!

DanniRae Tue 24-Oct-17 23:22:13

I am very irritated by the daft looking man who is won round by the offer of a cake whatever problem comes his way - I think they are Mr Kipling cakes.

Grandma2213 Wed 25-Oct-17 00:29:50

I have had a quick read through and hardly recognise any of these adverts. If I do, I don't know what they are for! I realise that I usually leave the room to do something when they are on, wash dishes, put them away, sort washing, go to the loo....etc. A lot of the time I record the programme and fast forward adverts. What a bad consumer I am!!

MesMopTop Wed 25-Oct-17 05:57:58

I loooove the Meerkats! Alexander, Sergei and baby ? However, best adverts I can still recall were for Irn Bru. There's quite a few on you tube. Google if you need a good giggle ??

BBbevan Wed 25-Oct-17 06:23:00

There is a new advertisement for Tui. Dreadful. Very chaotic. Not what you want from an airline

BlueBelle Wed 25-Oct-17 07:03:23

Grandma2213 this is an old thread and a lot of those adverts aren’t on any more
I really only like two regularly ones and that’s the Merkaats and Haribo where the adults have kids voices The rest are usually wiped out my head as I take no notice
I don’t think I ve ever bought anything through an advert

JackyB Wed 25-Oct-17 07:16:50

Even I, who am only in the UK for a few days a year, (don't watch TV at home in Germany, although many adverts are dubbed and used here, too) have seen the Haribo ad with the adults miming to the kids' conversation in the changing room. Love it!

Next time I go I'll be looking out for the Christmas ads. If you only have a few chances to see these ads, they are much more appealing. Not that I'm long enough in the UK to go out and buy the stuff they're selling!

Blinko Wed 25-Oct-17 10:39:51

Hate Meerkats and M&Ms ads. And all those ads for sofas. How many does any family buy in a decade??

MissAdventure Wed 25-Oct-17 10:42:47

There is an ad (I've no idea what for) with Arnold Schwartzeneger's head rolling around on wheels, which I hate! It makes me feel quite queasy!

Christinefrance Wed 25-Oct-17 12:32:02

Yes why did Len Goodman and Bradley Walsh advertise Farm Foods, no way would they be shopping there. I liked the Aldi ads as well but have not seen one lately.
Why are ads for sanitary and incontinence items always on at meal times, its very off putting. I read that they will be using blood soon for more realism !

wot Wed 25-Oct-17 15:41:04

I love the Amazon ad with the baby and the dog who has to dress like a lion! Love the meerkats and the m and ms ones. Hate the go compare and the Dove adverts.

Cold Wed 25-Oct-17 15:57:42

I absolutely hate the Sixt hire car "drive smug" adverts where the daughter rings her father to tell him that he has become a grandfather to triplets and the father says "that's nothing! I just rented a BMW for £49! - it seems such a selfish type of advert and totally puts me off ever renting for them
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vlyuyZhsY0

I also hate all of those over 50s/funeral insurance adverts that seem to prey on the fears of elderly people