Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Anyone else a full time parent to their DGC?

(5 Posts)
LynyrdSkynyrd Fri 02-Dec-11 21:17:06

I have special guardianship of my 4 grandchildren due to unfortunate circumstances. I am therefore bringing up 4 children aged 3-8. They live with me, obviously, and also my husband who is their grandfather. Anyone else a full time parent to their grandchildren?

nanapug Sat 03-Dec-11 11:47:07

Wow LynyrdSkynrd you and your DH must be amazing people. We have our six year old GS living with us (since he was 2) but his Mum is here too, following a divorce, and we get knackered!! You must be in a permanent state of exhaustion. I really admire you, not that one would do anything different. I look upon it as a privilege to be so involved, and must admit to dreading the day when they move out. I find it's the constant chatter that is possibly more tiring than the physical stuff but your situation must be so intense. All I can say is well done and keep taking the tablets!!!

raggygranny Sat 03-Dec-11 15:48:53

LynyrdSkynrd thanks wine brew cupcake
You deserve them all!

glammanana Sat 03-Dec-11 16:04:36

Well done to you LynyrdSkynrd on taking on such a rewarding task but I bet you didn't have to think twice did you,I have heard of quite a few GPs being given guardianship of their DGCs in recent years and I think that now the powers that be have at last realised that us GPs are not just capable of looking after little ones but have a much younger outlook as well,You deserve and get my full support on what you and you DH are doing thanks

petallus Sun 04-Dec-11 11:00:35

I'm impressed LynyrdSkynrd. You're doing a wonderful job for your grandchildren. I have had a grandson living with me for the last six years. He came when he was fifteen. I see the other three grandchildren on a regular basis and am pleased to help out when needed. Gives me something to do!