Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Swimsuits for non swimmers

(6 Posts)
yogagran Sat 18-Aug-12 22:56:25

Does anyone have any thoughts on "flotation devices" for young children. My two DGC (3.5 & 1.5) are keen splashers in the water and need more confidence in getting going on their own. I used to be a swimming teacher but am now so out of touch with what is available and suitable for this age group I would really appreciate your views on the best thing to buy for them. My DD when she was young had a lovely swimsuit that had removable flotation bits according to the confidence she had. I really dislike armbands as they restrict arm movement and would prefer something that would give them the freedom to move naturally in the water. Any thought Grans please?

glassortwo Sat 18-Aug-12 23:18:38

yoga you can still get the costume with the separate floats in so you can remove them as necessary, but there are lots of different things now. Try Mothercare/Elc they do the lots of swimming aids.

grannyactivist Sun 19-Aug-12 00:50:55

Having seen the title of the OP I assumed someone was looking for a swimsuit to pose in. confused

Bags Sun 19-Aug-12 06:16:05

The Great Little Trading Company is good for stuff like that too: gltc.co.uk

gracesmum Sun 19-Aug-12 09:41:30

ga gringrin

yogagran Sun 19-Aug-12 21:26:33

Thanks glass - that's really helpful, I had looked on Amazon and got totally befuddled. ELC and Mothercare are good trusted names and I've looked at their websites, I will discuss with DD and see what she thinks best for DGC.
Bags - I had a look at the website for the Great Little Trading Company, what lovely stuff and so many things that I never knew I wanted till now! Thanks for that