Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Swimsuits for non swimmers

(6 Posts)
yogagran Sun 19-Aug-12 21:26:33

Thanks glass - that's really helpful, I had looked on Amazon and got totally befuddled. ELC and Mothercare are good trusted names and I've looked at their websites, I will discuss with DD and see what she thinks best for DGC.
Bags - I had a look at the website for the Great Little Trading Company, what lovely stuff and so many things that I never knew I wanted till now! Thanks for that

gracesmum Sun 19-Aug-12 09:41:30

ga gringrin

Bags Sun 19-Aug-12 06:16:05

The Great Little Trading Company is good for stuff like that too: gltc.co.uk

grannyactivist Sun 19-Aug-12 00:50:55

Having seen the title of the OP I assumed someone was looking for a swimsuit to pose in. confused

glassortwo Sat 18-Aug-12 23:18:38

yoga you can still get the costume with the separate floats in so you can remove them as necessary, but there are lots of different things now. Try Mothercare/Elc they do the lots of swimming aids.

yogagran Sat 18-Aug-12 22:56:25

Does anyone have any thoughts on "flotation devices" for young children. My two DGC (3.5 & 1.5) are keen splashers in the water and need more confidence in getting going on their own. I used to be a swimming teacher but am now so out of touch with what is available and suitable for this age group I would really appreciate your views on the best thing to buy for them. My DD when she was young had a lovely swimsuit that had removable flotation bits according to the confidence she had. I really dislike armbands as they restrict arm movement and would prefer something that would give them the freedom to move naturally in the water. Any thought Grans please?