Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Mischievous grandchildren!

(17 Posts)
whenim64 Tue 04-Jun-13 12:20:18

My daughter just Facebooked this photo, which I have uploaded onto my profile. Then she texted me to say 'will you watch them for an hour whilst I go and buy some rope?'

She's rearranging the furniture yet again! grin

grannyactivist Tue 04-Jun-13 12:23:51

grin - ah yes I remember going through this: I had two adventurers out of my five that would climb anything, anywhere. One of the two now lives in NZ and the other one is an adventure training instructor! Started early.

Elegran Tue 04-Jun-13 12:43:28

I remember a friend's children who were having a whale of a time swinging on the curtains - out of an open window and back.

Deedaa Tue 04-Jun-13 21:38:45

The 4month old was watching his 6year old brother hurling himself off the furniture this morning and seemed worryingly impressed. I'm sure he's going to think it's the only way to move round the house!

annodomini Tue 04-Jun-13 21:45:01

One warm day in February last year, I was in charge of the 4 and 6-year-old GSs. I thought they were a bit quiet - always a danger signal - and sure enough when I looked out into the garden they had taken all their clothes off and were sunning themselves on the flat roof of the shed. What idiot had left a ladder in such a convenient place? Stand up DS2!

nanapug Tue 04-Jun-13 21:56:45

I have had three GCs who have been quiet, unadventurous, obedient toddlers. Now I have my fourth who is totally different at 20 months. She is boisterous, very able, determined, stubborn, and can run faster and climb better than her six year old brother. Don't know where she came from. It is a shock to us all!!

Notso Wed 05-Jun-13 07:42:05

When my eldest grandson was 4 he pulled his first floor bedroom curtains across and hid on the windowsill. DD & SIL did all the out loud 'I wonder where he is?' stuff to build up the game. They finally swished back the curtains with a big 'Found you!!'......and discovered he was on the outside window sill. shock

harrigran Wed 05-Jun-13 11:22:25

DS was something of an escapologist, he used to pull his bedroom curtains into the cot and use them like a rope to climb out of the cot. Not unusual for a boy but this one was 10 months old and I was baffled as to why he was asleep on the rug by the cot when I went to get him up. I only learned how he did it because a neighbour made a comment one day, she used to get up to breast feed her baby in the early hours and would open the curtains to let light in. My neighbour lives exactly opposite and could see DS's nightly shenanigans.

whenim64 Thu 29-Aug-13 10:36:33

My twin grandsons are very excited that their 5th birthday is tomorrow. Last night, they were still awake at 10 o'clock and my daughter went up to settle them down again. There was some bouncing on the bed and switching the light back on when she left their bedroom, so she returned with her mobile phone, and proceeded to pretend to call Father Christmas's helper to ask for a delay on birthday presents until they were behaving (don't you just know this was doomed to failure?)

One of them removed the phone from mum's hand and had a two minute conversation with the imaginary helper, convinced him that the presents should be delivered, and gave the phone back to his mum, grinning. What do you do? She was shaking with laughter. grin

grannyactivist Thu 29-Aug-13 11:01:29

Brilliant when. grin

nanaej Thu 29-Aug-13 11:21:42

Ho ho! Cheeky chaps! Happy birthday to them for tomorrow cupcakecupcake

whenim64 Fri 30-Aug-13 20:28:06

At my daughter's house when birthday cards popped though the letter box. The boys dashed to pick them up and excitedly pointed to the envelopes with stamps on them. 'Who's this one from?' 'NO WAY!!! It's from the QUEEN!!!' 'Nana, we got birthday cards off the palace queen!'

They were from my sister grin

Sook Fri 30-Aug-13 21:09:12

They sound delightful when Looking forward to hearing what they got up to at their birthday party grin

whenim64 Fri 30-Aug-13 21:12:05

That's on Sunday, sook. 40 classmates and cousins at a play centre. Dreading it!! grin

Sook Fri 30-Aug-13 21:23:27

Bet you have a whale of a time grin.

Greatnan Sat 31-Aug-13 07:44:30

Now, When, you know you wouldn't miss it for the world!
One of my grandsons did not seem to be aware of danger and would hurl himself off furniture and was doing wheelies on his little bike at three. I spent many hours in the plaster room at the local A & E. He seems to have a very high pain threshold and once went on playing with a broken arm without mentioning it. He now has two little girls and is very protective of them but fortunately they don't his share his love of danger.

jennycockerspaniel Tue 03-Sep-13 23:09:05

I had a terrible fright, Eve 4 had fallen over screaming and bleeding only 3doors away from our terrace cottage and Grandad was on the flat roof with roofer and Oliver6 hwent up and told him Luckily he was fine I just hugged him I was so pleased he was okay They are 6 and 7 now and luckily we have had no more frights Never say never