Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Little ears!

(9 Posts)
whenim64 Wed 18-Jun-14 12:09:59

Hahaha! My daughter just phoned. MiL childminds my 2 year old twin grandaughters today. She went to change a nappy which apparently looked like an explosion in a paint factory when she undid it, and was muttering to herself (she thought). Twin sister wandered over, took one look and announced 'Jesus Christ!' MiL took the blame grin

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 18-Jun-14 12:16:23

grin They pick it up so easily - as I've found to my cost!

You can bet yer life she'll repeat it at nursery.

Mishap Wed 18-Jun-14 12:18:01

Love it!!

merlotgran Wed 18-Jun-14 12:20:51

grin

vegasmags Wed 18-Jun-14 12:21:52

Oh love it! Life would be much more boring if we were all perfect grin

Deedaa Wed 18-Jun-14 21:39:30

Luckily GS2 isn't talking yet so his comment when I'm changing dirty nappies is limited to "Bleaaahhh" which seems to sum it up pretty well grin

annodomini Wed 18-Jun-14 22:11:57

6-year-old GS, while not exactly foul-mouthed, uses some vocabulary that would have made my granny's hair curl. I blame the Harry Potter films for the 'bloody' which Ron Weasly says a lot.

felice Mon 23-Jun-14 09:11:51

DS2's first really clear word was in a crowded cafe when something was dropped and he said very clearly Oh Sh*t. A friend owned up to saying it a lot in front of him. he was quite tiny at the time and I didn't know where to look.

BeeWitch Mon 23-Jun-14 19:29:03

How lovely. Reminds me of the time we were in the Clinic waiting for baby to be weighed, and my son had been chatting with a lady - then out of the blue he told her 'Mummy calls my new baby Wriggle-arse'. It got a huge laugh luckily, but it made me stop saying it. blush