Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Merry Christmas and getting through the ups and downs! :-)

(22 Posts)
slimgramma Thu 07-Jan-16 02:14:35

Holy smokes nannynoo! I commented on your panel post before seeing this! Wow! You've been thru so much! Now that I know the outcome it makes it even more special! And on my birthday! Very very happy for you and your little GS!

Indinana Wed 30-Dec-15 18:13:16

So lovely to read this heartwarming post, brimming over with happiness and love. Good luck for the 5th, but I'm sure everyone on the panel will easily see that you are the best thing that ever happened to your GS flowers

Ariadne Wed 30-Dec-15 17:34:03

Good to read your update nannynoo (been away for a while so catching up!) I am happy for you ?

loopylou Wed 30-Dec-15 17:00:58

You are an inspiration nannymoo and it's so heartwarming to hear things are going so well for you and your DGS.
? and love to you both x

Meercat Wed 30-Dec-15 16:52:18

What a lovely update. So very glad for you to hear that it has all gone so well. I am sure it will be fine on the 5th but will be thinking of you both then.

Lona Wed 30-Dec-15 10:18:37

nannynoo You are a wonderful woman, you sound so so happy and you deserve to be!
I wish you lots of luck and happiness in the future with your little one. ??

rubylady Wed 30-Dec-15 03:08:07

nannynoo I will pray for you for the 5th, I am sure that all will go well but a quiet word with Him upstairs can't do no harm.

I am so pleased that you have had a wonderful 6 months with your DGS and that you took a step back from the situation when you were getting stressed about it all and worked with the SS to get your DGS to come and live with you. You are positively beaming through your words, as I am sure, he is too being with you.

Your daughter has to find her own way, work it out for herself and this will only happen with time. No amount of telling her will do any good, the penny has to drop for herself and she will start to mend then. Until then I hope she enjoys the contact she has with her son and with her darling mum.

You are doing a wonderful job. You are a fantastic mum and grandma. I bet you think all your Christmases have come at once every day when you come round in a morning and remember that your DGS is with you now. You are a lucky lady, (I don't get to see mine) but then your DGS is one very lucky little boy. flowers

Deedaa Tue 29-Dec-15 21:42:43

So glad you had alovely Christmas smile The situation with your daughter is very sad but, as you say, she has got to want to change - no one else can do it for her.

You've put in so much work to get this far, I hope everything continues to go well. Happy New Year!

grannyqueenie Tue 29-Dec-15 08:21:28

I've read some of your previous posts about your family situation, what an inspirational woman you are nannynoo! That little boy is so lucky to have you provide all the stability, love and fun he needs to thrive...and it sounds like he is doing just that! Huge respect for you for what you're doing, I'm so glad you're able to look after yourself too...you're a wise woman indeed. Wishing you and yours all that's good for 2016 smile

Wendysue Tue 29-Dec-15 04:16:37

What a delightful post, nanny! Thank you! And bless you, too, for all you're doing for that boy! You are my Internet hero!

Gagagran Mon 28-Dec-15 10:18:00

You are inspirational Nannynoo and if I could give you a medal in the New Year's Honour List I would! Happy New Year to you and your little man and hopefully a better year for your daughter. flowers

Maggiemaybe Mon 28-Dec-15 09:35:25

Oh, Nannynoo, I am so pleased for you and your little DGS. You are such a lovely Nan. flowers

baubles Mon 28-Dec-15 09:22:14

Your happiness is leaping off the screen. Merry Christmas to you.

PRINTMISS Mon 28-Dec-15 09:20:49

Well done Nannynoo a happy time for you, just what you needed at this time of year. Perhaps the start of things really beginning to settle for you all.

Teetime Mon 28-Dec-15 09:15:01

Nannynoo how lovely for you and your little man - I'm so glad you had a good Christmas and that the future looks bright. flowers

grannyactivist Mon 28-Dec-15 01:10:14

Nannynoo thank you for sharing your Christmas news. I am so very pleased for you that, at last, things are working out for you and your lovely boy. I expect he knows how fortunate he is to have you. tchsmile

Granny23 Sun 27-Dec-15 23:20:52

Nannynoo Yours is the happiest Christmas Story I have seen. Your Joy shines out of the page and cheers us all. It is wonderful to see you getting the reward you deserve for your determination and perseverance. I wish you and DGS everything that is good for 2016.

rosesarered Sun 27-Dec-15 23:03:41

So pleased with how this has turned out for you and of course, your grandson.What a great Christmas you have given him.?
I wish you a really Happy New Year, and hope all will continue to go well.

mumofmadboys Sun 27-Dec-15 22:32:16

You have brought a smile to my lips!
Very well done you!!!☺

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 27-Dec-15 22:26:27

I can't say anything else. I am truly amazed at your strength. flowers

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 27-Dec-15 22:24:34

You are just what that boy needs nannynoo. Much respect.

Good luck for the 5th. Not that you'll need it.

nannynoo Sun 27-Dec-15 22:16:44

Hi All I firstly want to wish you all a belated very Merry Christmas! smile

WOW Christmas comes and goes so quickly but I wanted to share what a LOVELY time I had and am still having with my GS who lives with me ...

A lot of you know my story lol but after A LOT of pressure from my daughter ( his Mum ) re Christmas contact and pressurising me to see him on Christmas day which I felt a big ''no'' to in my gut so said no and stuck out 2 weeks of pressure from her with me standing my ground and her accepting in the end and even THANKING me for the compromise we reached she was happy to get a family visit with him at her cousins house for 3 hours as SS want me to start supervising visits soon and to get used to 'organising' it as once I have guardianship I will have to organise contact etc

Anyway that went fine and even though lo was sad to leave Mummy he soon perked up and had a FABULOUS , relaxed , peaceful , chilled out Christmas at home with me grin

It has been amazing and SO calm now and Santa came round all the way from the North Pole and visited him on 22nd December and some of the neighbours children came round half way through and we sang Christmas songs together and my GS sat on Santas lap and was lovely with him and vice versa and he brought his lovely helper with him ( I only paid £40 for a home visit from Santa and his helper! ) and it was great!

What a lovely way for him to see Santa as with his Autism he is not good with crowds and queing at grottos etc so this was PERFECT for him and his FACE when we opened the door was PRICELESS!!!

What a lovely memory plus he had lots of new toys to play with on Christmas day and enjoyed his dinner and even ate all his sprouts and carrots!! LOL

He has been SO calm and happy and so have I , he had one little meltdown today after spilling his water but bounced back from it in record time and returned to happy again quicker than he ever has before which is good smile

I am loving having him here and today it felt like he had ALWAYS been here , a real sense of 'belonging' for both of us and it feels longer than 6 months now!

The SW is leaving so we will have a new one but they are pretty much leaving me to get on with things which is fine but I will ask for help if I need it for sure!!!

I want to make sure I still get my ''me time'' which is SO important so he is going to his ''special playground'' for one day next week while I relax and drink tea and do some shopping in the sales and once back at school I am going to the cinema during the day to watch the film 'Joy' which is only costing me £6 and is my new way of relaxing and getting some quality me time as I love the cinema and it is both cheap and uncrowded during the day during the week PLUS I am having my FIRST NIGHT OUT in 2 years on 9th January , a social evening at a bar to just chill and chat with some ADULTS ( yay! lol ) and it was so lovely to have my older daughter and SIL and 3 year old GD here today and we had a fab day together smile

Foster panel is on 5th Jan so please hope and pray all goes well for that as everything seems positive and even the SW said she knows I will be ok and that I take good care of my GS but I NEED it to go well so I can REALLY RELAX afterwards

So thank you for your support I am keeping trucking on and it is still a sad situation with my daughters health but she has to get the help she needs and make the improvements to her life HERSELF and I have to concentrate on MYSELF AND LITTLE MAN as it is INSPIRATIONAL to see him SO happy and settled and he simply ''be's himself'' at home with lots of lovely singing and dancing round the house plus dancing in the mirror plus laughing lots together and we have our own private fun jokes which he practically falls over laughing to and I am laughing every day together with him as he has such a fab sense of humour and he 'gets' mine as it is similar and the dog LOVES him to the point he sits at the bottom of the stairs whining for him when he goes to bed!

He really is 'part of the family' now and whatever happens in the future with his Mum I am happy to look after him for as long as neccessary as he is an amazing little boy and such a blessing and I am so happy to have him here with me ESPECIALLY as he was away from me last Christmas which was HARD but this year my frown has been well and truly turned upside down and I wanted to share that with you all and thank you for being part of this amazing journey! xxx