Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

posting a question

(83 Posts)
patriciaann71 Fri 19-Feb-16 19:02:31

how do I post a question on gransnet forum?

Callistemon21 Wed 04-Oct-23 22:32:36

lemsip

*More to the point How does someone find a thread that that's so old! puzzles me*

That has no relevance to the question either 🤔

lemsip Wed 04-Oct-23 21:43:42

More to the point How does someone find a thread that that's so old! puzzles me

Georgesgran Wed 04-Oct-23 21:27:38

You have posted on a thread from 2016 murrec. Try to start a new thread, but the consensus of GN’s on a recent similar thread thought CBD oil akin to snake oil!
You might get a few suggestions though.

murrec Wed 04-Oct-23 19:36:21

Can anyone recommend CBD patch for back pain. Thanks

murrec Wed 04-Oct-23 19:34:21

Can anyone recommend a CBD patch for back pain. Thank you

Chewbacca Sun 26-Dec-21 22:17:24

Madgran is quite right but, just in case you don't Sundays; where your grandaughter sleeps when she's in her own home is none of your business; if your daughter and SIL are content with where their child sleeps, that's all that matters. As for you getting very angry when she cries for her daddy; get a grip. Take a step back or your anger will come back to bite you.

Madgran77 Sun 26-Dec-21 22:09:05

Sundays I think you need to start a new thread of your own, to get replies specifically on your concern!

Sundays Sun 26-Dec-21 19:58:31

Hi everyone hope you’ve had a lovely Christmas .
I need help with a dilemma I face
My 18 month granddaughter sleeps in the parents double bed with one of her parents at home .. mostly father , when she is at mine she sleeps in her cot , I’ve tried to mention to my son in law they should take the cot to there’s but he says it’s too late to get her used to a cot ,
Needless to say watching this is making me very angry because my gd is very clingy to her dad and cries when he leaves the room .. any comments much appreciated

Milliefriend Mon 13-Dec-21 11:37:38

Expensive new leather walking boots that are a bit too narrow in width- any ideas for stretching them would be appreciated

Sixtysix Tue 07-Dec-21 09:12:29

Hi canadian gran. We intend to stay home with the 2 grandkids & happy to do so. My stepdaughter finds them too lively for her perfect kids I think. She always has her own way & it is her house but i think it's mean to exclude them. They are very much family too. We also feel for them because they have no family on their dads side that show any interest in them at all. Without us they only have my daughter.

BlueBelle Tue 07-Dec-21 07:38:53

This is older than the hills and full of a variety of problems

PLEASE folks start a new thread for each problem or you will never be heard your post will be lost in the melee of concerns and upsets

CanadianGran Tue 07-Dec-21 03:33:38

Hi Sixtysix. You really should start a new thread about this, you will get more people looking at it.

I would stay at home with your daughter's children since you already told her you would take them. Your DIL sounds a bit mean, Has she given you a reason why?

lemsip Tue 07-Dec-21 00:01:17

I see the original OP thread posted back in ... Fri 19-Feb-16.... 5 years ago!
How can you find old threads from back then as I would like to see what I can revive!

Sixtysix Mon 06-Dec-21 23:47:52

New year upset

Sixtysix Mon 06-Dec-21 23:43:50

We had planned a family new year at my stepdaughter house. My single parent daughter can't make it now( she has 2 dogs & no one to care for them overnight) so hubby & I said we would bring her 2 kids with us & she can enjoy new years eve with friends as she hasn't been out for 10 yrs! When I told my SD she asked me not to bring my daughters 2 children. We are upset because her 2 will obviously be there & my sons little boy is going with his mum & dad. Feel as though she thinks they not part of the family so I got to tell her we not going now because we can't let daughter down & also want to be with our 2 GC . She just said don't bring them. Are we being over sensitive. They were very excited to see their cousins & now its not happening . What do you think?

welbeck Fri 03-Sep-21 19:03:26

RedPanda

Hello everyone, I've heard of middle aged spread but literally over the last 4 weeks my middle has expanded and everything is uncomfortable and tight. I'm not eating more and it's quite depressing, has anyone else experienced this? I'm 58.

have you thought of discussing this with your GP.
might be worth a call.

Lizzy60 Fri 03-Sep-21 06:19:21

We don't post personal photos online anywhere , why would anyone do this ? Whatever happened to private family life !

Grandmabatty Thu 02-Sep-21 20:51:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RedPanda Thu 02-Sep-21 20:19:01

Hello everyone, I've heard of middle aged spread but literally over the last 4 weeks my middle has expanded and everything is uncomfortable and tight. I'm not eating more and it's quite depressing, has anyone else experienced this? I'm 58.

Marydoll Wed 14-Oct-20 14:10:10

Go to Forums. at the top of the page
Choose which forum topic you wish to post on
Choose New Discussion
Fill in your title
Write your post
Preview for errors
Post!

KatB Wed 14-Oct-20 14:02:27

I'm new to this site and posted asking for advice. I see you suggested that someone put a subject as their title but I don't see where I can do this.

KatB Wed 14-Oct-20 03:49:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Marydoll Tue 06-Oct-20 19:58:41

Buffy, your post will get lost on this thread.
You need to start one of your own, there will be more chance of a response.

If you mention the problem in your title, someone will hopefully respond.

Buffy Tue 06-Oct-20 11:39:44

Don’t laugh, I have been worried for some time about my middle grandson’s flat feet! He is now nearly 9 and walks and runs so awkwardly and with splayed feet. I mentioned it to my daughter who said she’d never noticed. I think he needs some sort of therapy or shoe inserts. He obviously isn’t bothered and I don’t want him to become self conscious about it but I think it needs correcting and the sooner the better. What can I do? Advice please.

Marydoll Mon 07-Sep-20 14:08:32

sukiedimes, it's quite simple to start a thread.

Go to FORUMS at the top of the page.
Choose the theme you think is most suitable for your post. e.g Chat, Site Stuff etc
Click on New Discussion.

Just remember to give an idea of what your thread is about in the title. It's likely to attract more readers that way.

It's always best to preview, when starting a new thread, just in case there are errors.

Good luck!