Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Just gets Worse

(5 Posts)
over60plus Sun 12-Jun-16 06:20:13

Thanks for your replies, update husband on the mend much better, our son not so good he came home yesterday thought to see how his dad was mistaken he came once again to fall out with me, he as me now doubting my own sanity really tried talking to him calmly yesterday he laughed in my face and said I was a very manipulative clever woman,his Dad does everything I said,over the last few years I have managed household budget looked after most not a problem I may add my DH not well enough to cope with this at moment we always sit and discuss what is what .
Our son language was appalling so his Dad said please don't swear in this house you have not been bought up with this standard of behavior.
I said can you please have a bit of consideration for your Dad he is unwell to which he replied there you go again playing the sympathy card, I am now doubting my own sanity surely I am not evil all I want is a peaceful life, to end the day our son due to marry in October his parting shot suppose you will now not be coming to Wedding.
I asked him to leave and come back when he could sit down and talk sensible and civil. I also asked if he was worried about anything other than his Dad to which he replied YOU wouldn't care, we never used to be like this.

Jenty61 Sun 12-Jun-16 09:39:56

Kids can not cope with illness of a parent so your son is taking it out on you... Im pretty sure its not personal...

silverlining48 Sun 12-Jun-16 10:21:32

Happy that your husband is recovering, but sorry you have been so upset by your son. How is it our children who we have cared for and loved so much for so long can sometimes be so cruel. I hope he sees sense, apologises (as if!) and you can sort it out.

rosesarered Sun 12-Jun-16 10:40:51

How awful for you Over60plus?
Perhaps a period of quiet between yourselves and son would help, with very little said?

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 12-Jun-16 10:40:59

Agree with Jenty. It sounds as if he is not coping with life in general. Try a lot of kindness and understanding. What he said about the wedding does sound as though he wants you to be there. So all is not lost. Don't give up on him. Perhaps things will improve when he is married.