(14 Posts)
Jalima1108 Mon 07-Aug-17 22:34:55

and I'd have to sit for much longer than you vq

It's just Not Fair
I'd rather go to bed
please

Jalima1108 Mon 07-Aug-17 22:33:54

Think?
I am thinking that my bottom could get sore.

vampirequeen Mon 07-Aug-17 20:38:49

No, Jalima. You can't play on the naughty step. You have to think although if I had to sit still for 58 mins I'd probably nod off.

Can we sleep on the naughty step?

FarNorth Mon 07-Aug-17 20:31:47

That's a naughty idea, Jalima.

Jalima1108 Mon 07-Aug-17 20:24:43

could we take tablet/laptop with us on the naughty step?

vampirequeen Mon 07-Aug-17 20:23:51

Thank goodness there isn't a thinking/naughty step for adults. I would have to go for 58 mins every time and be sent there at least 4 times a day so I'd never get anything done. Mind you if we're talking mental age I'll be fine because it wouldn't be more than 8 mins each time grin

norose4 Mon 07-Aug-17 19:57:44

I like ' thinking step' sounds more positive than the 'naughty step'

maryeliza54 Mon 07-Aug-17 07:14:42

I like calling it the 'thinking' step because that's what's supposed to happen.

Newquay Sun 06-Aug-17 22:49:50

Lol! DD2 is using the "thinking step" for her 4 year old. When I was there last weekend and sat on the bottom step to tie my shoes she asked if I was thinking about it! Struggled to keep a straight face! And it doesn't work with her in any event! DD1 used naughty step. Fond memories of her son sitting howling on bottom step and his Dad asking how old he was-that's how long he had to sit there for. Later saw DGS in his father's arms cuddling-what a blessed child he is as are his siblings.

HillyN Sun 06-Aug-17 22:35:45

I don't think my DGD understands the 1 minute per year of their age rule; her rule is that the naughtier they have been, the higher up the stairs they go! So just when you think you've got past them all, you find one more on the landing! I too have a teddy as old as I am, but he has been 'retired' to the loft- not, I hasten to add, because he has been particularly evil!

Jalima1108 Wed 02-Aug-17 17:25:21

grin

My teddy could be on the step for quite a long time!
And some of the dollies in this house are well over 40.

norose4 Wed 02-Aug-17 17:17:10

That's so sweet, ....not one of my favourite discipline strategies though .. I preferred stand still for 1 minute, youngest son hated it & just couldn't help himself , and would fidget around in the last couple of seconds, he still tells me now how much he hated it especially as he so often had to start the minute all over again .? Wonder what he will do now he's a Dad. I think we either replicate what our parents did or go completely the opposite .

nanaK54 Wed 02-Aug-17 17:04:39

You will have to ask how old each dolly, teddy is and then remind her that they can only be there for a minute for each year grin

HillyN Wed 02-Aug-17 17:00:27

I have an issue with this strategy for dealing with misbehaving children- I can't get up my stairs for all the dollies and teddies that, according to my 4 year old DGD, have been very, very naughty and have to stay on their step! grin