Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Is it ever acceptable to say enough is enough

(28 Posts)
mumofmadboys Sun 13-Aug-17 21:14:52

You must be really fed up but hang in there! Prozac is usually good for bulimia but should be taken at the dose of 3 x 20 mg tablets per day. Has he seen a psychiatrist recently? To support your GC you need to carry on loving your son however difficult it is. It is unusual for men to have eating disorders. Perhaps your son is embarrassed by his illness. Hope things improve for you all.x

Cherrytree59 Sun 13-Aug-17 21:11:59

The safety of your DGC is Paramount in whatever course of action you decide upon Britgran.

I'm sure there will be wise Grans more able than me to give advice and also those who have maybe had similar experiences.
flowers

britgran Sun 13-Aug-17 20:36:06

I've posted before about my youngest DS and his numerous problems with being bulimic, he's 43 and has had this horrendous eating disorder since being a teenager, he was always a funny friendly lad, he's now a man full of rage and moody beyond belief, I'm 100% sure this broke up his first marriage, he treated his first wife dreadfully, I'm ashamed to say he was everything I hate in a man..... he remarried and has two darling baby daughters, but I see him acting the same way as before, today once again our DiL came round terribly upset, he's like Jekyll and Hyde,and needs professional help we've talked and talked I've been to doctors with him and counselling but he doesn't keep it up, he has Prozac medication but stops taking it cause he says he's fine, I read lots of advice on here where you very wise folk, say be there for your family member and support him when needed......I must be a mean cow cause I'm sick to death of him, if he won't help himself how can we help him, .....I'll do anything to protect our DGC but surely it's ok to say enough is enough where he is concerned