Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Saying hello

(53 Posts)
nannyto5 Tue 31-Jan-17 17:58:23

Hello everyone. My name is Jan and I live in Lincoln. I have five lovely grandchildren....oh and Rod my husband. I'm not lonely but I love a cuppa and am a good listener. Do get in touch please x

Absgran Fri 03-Feb-17 20:01:30

Hi I'm from Scotland. Have lived here for a long time although born in England.
Joined this site a couple of days ago.
Mum of two and have 3 beautiful grandchildren.
Family have moved away and I feel lonely. I'm now retired and that's not helping. Although I have friends here, I miss my family as I live alone.
Guess am at a bit of a crossroad with my life?

downtoearth Fri 03-Feb-17 21:31:41

callgirl will google and check if it can be done smile

Cherrytree59 Fri 03-Feb-17 23:07:09

Hello Absgran
I'm your opposite number.
Born in Scotland living in England.
If you are able to give your area then maybe someone on GN will be from your neck of the woods & be happy to meet up.
I think we all reach crossroads in our lives as we get older.
Perhaps there is an adventure just around the corner.
If not then there's always GN to
waste pass the time.

Brendaj Sat 04-Feb-17 12:16:24

Good morning everyone.it is a really lovely day today.it is sunny but still a chill in the air.

Brendaj Sat 04-Feb-17 12:21:37

Good morning.I live in Norfolk now.I moved here from Kent seven years ago.since I am now on my my own I find it hard to make friends.sometimes ifeel invisible .

downtoearth Sat 04-Feb-17 13:53:08

Morning all actually good afternoon where has the day gone ...Brendaj am in Norfolk too nr swaffham if you are nearby happy to meet up...is harder to make friends as you get older I think most on this forum would agree brewcupcake

downtoearth Sat 04-Feb-17 13:55:02

callgirl 3 bus journey ..takes 3hrs 8 minutes sad

Charleygirl Sat 04-Feb-17 15:13:57

Cherrytree59 I am like you, the opposite to Absgran, I was also born in Scotland and moved to London for a year in 1968, it has been a long year.

If anybody wants a chat, try soops kitchen- there is no bickering or bitching there. You will soon work out who is who. A lot of us are pet fanatics so that helps.

callgirl1 Sat 04-Feb-17 18:25:48

Downtoearth, isn`t it daft when it takes about 45 minutes in the car? Where do the buses go to/from then?

downtoearth Sat 04-Feb-17 18:36:14

Hi callgirl I would get X1 from swaffham to KL,change to 505 to Holbeach,then G55 to Boston bus station......daft as you just over hour in car

callgirl1 Sat 04-Feb-17 18:41:03

So if we met in Kings Lynn, it would be just 2 buses for me and one for you, it would be more complicated for you to come here.

glammanana Sat 04-Feb-17 18:43:01

Hi to everyone I have been a GNer since the very beginning and have always enjoyed my time on here I have made some lifetime virtual friends.
Granof11 Welcome to you and I am also living on The Wirral I am Wirral born and bred and live in an apartment in New Brighton not too far from the River front so very close to all transport links all over the area and to Liverpool.
I retire again this month so maybe when I get back from my holiday to Majorca in March we can meet up for a coffee and chat.I have 7 DGCs and one GGD who is of course a sweetie but then I am biased.

downtoearth Sun 05-Feb-17 13:08:33

CallgirlI can get to Peterbrough or Wisbech without problem or even spalding would that be suitable for you smile

downtoearth Sun 05-Feb-17 13:11:02

Afternoon everyone hope the day is being kind to you brewcupcakesunshine

callgirl1 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:22:01

Downtoearth, Spalding would be OK for me, hope we can sort something.

downtoearth Sun 05-Feb-17 20:14:56

callgirl sounds a good idea smile

callgirl1 Sun 05-Feb-17 22:43:12

Planning soon to be started!

downtoearth Mon 06-Feb-17 09:00:30

callgirl will google see what is there have only ever been to Springfields when I had the car,think the bus 505 goes into there if that is something you could manage ..there are eateries and coffee places....smile

NonnaW Mon 06-Feb-17 13:38:40

Hi, I live in Suffolk. I must admit, I don't have any actual friends here. Several acquaintances but no real friends. I do sometimes wonder what I'd do if I didn't have DH. It is difficult to make friends though I've never been good at that anyway!

Cherrytree59 Mon 06-Feb-17 13:53:29

NonnaW I'm sorry I'm not in your lovely part of the country.

Perhaps another GNer from your area would like to meet up.
What about starting a new thread enquiring if there is anybody local to you who would like to meet for a coffee.
Or try your local GN.

downtoearth Mon 06-Feb-17 15:56:34

Hi nonna ...am here in Norfolk near swaffham....do you drive?

callgirl1 Mon 06-Feb-17 17:31:41

Downtoearth, I`m sure I could get to Springfields by bus, I`ve only ever been there by car, I love it there, went with my daughter just before Christmas.

downtoearth Mon 06-Feb-17 17:34:35

callgirlI will get a bus timetable,I have been 2or 3 times and enjoyed itsmile

callgirl1 Mon 06-Feb-17 21:10:38

I`ve just had a thought Doowntoearth, are we on the same wavelength? I`m talking Springfields shopping outlet, are you, or are you talking Springfields gardening centre? I`ve never been there, seeing as we don`t have a garden.

downtoearth Tue 07-Feb-17 08:56:22

callgirl lol yes the shopping outlet...grin