Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

A less harrowing half term.

(37 Posts)
morethan2 Mon 13-Feb-17 20:12:16

I hope I'm putting this in the correct place. I wanted to let you know my good news because you were all so good at supporting me through the last harrowing 12 months. My DiL was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer last February and we were told it was terminal. Her bone cancer is now contained but her breast cancer had spread. So she had to have a mastectomy and second lot of treatment. Last Thursday her consultant told her that her breast cancer is in remission. We're all hopeful that means she will have many more years ahead of her. She's been so amazing. I can't tell you the relief.

Grannyben Sat 18-Feb-17 20:55:38

So, so pleased for you more than, and your whole family. Fingers crossed for your darling daughter silverlining

PRINTMISS Sun 19-Feb-17 08:58:44

Just caught up with this, and add my best wishes to you morethan2 and your family, what a horrible year you have had.

Lona Sun 19-Feb-17 09:34:57

Only just seen this thread.
Morethan How wonderful, you must all be so relieved. I hope your dil continues to be well for a long time to come sunshine
Silverlining Best wishes for your daughter too, you must be worried sick, but treatment is very successful these days. flowers

TriciaF Sun 19-Feb-17 09:54:13

morethan and silverlining - hoping and praying for a good outcome for both daughters. flowers

Rinouchka Sun 19-Feb-17 13:36:08

Have also only just seen this thread.
Wonderful news, morethan and hopefully, all will go well for your daughter,
* silverlining*. It is good to focus on the positives and to know that good outcomes still happen. flowers

SueDonim Sun 19-Feb-17 13:47:43

What great news for you all, MoreThan, wonderful!

Silverlining, sending very best wishes for your daughter's recovery, too.

BBbevan Sun 19-Feb-17 14:49:53

What lovely lovely news. All the best to all the family ???

NotTooOld Sun 19-Feb-17 15:46:23

Wonderful. flowers xx

Araabra Sun 19-Feb-17 16:47:33

Wonderful news. I'm 40 years over bc surgery. So glad your dil is in remission.

Jalima Sun 19-Feb-17 22:51:30

Araabra that is so heartening to hear smile

callgirl1 Mon 20-Feb-17 00:25:16

How did I miss this?
Wonderful news Morethan, you must feel so relieved.
Silverlining, my very best wishes to your daughter.