I am wondering if I have done my husband a disservice.
He is very easy to live with and we do have a one week holiday in a rented cottage each year. We are both happy to do this because the dogs come with us. This year, it is Anglesey.
I suggested a cruise because our 40th is so special and we have been on cruises in the past and left previous dogs in kennels.
One thing this thread has shown me is that I would be wrong to insist on a cruise because we would not enjoy it, if he would be worrying about the dogs. He won't leave them in the care of someone else.
He has no objection to me going abroad and in recent years I have been to America, Cuba, Italy, Malta and New Zealand without him. This year I am going to Australia with friends.
This thread has helped me to recognise how lucky I am. It is just a question of finding the right way in which to celebrate our 40th.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed, your thoughts and suggestions. They have really helped me to realise that a cruise would be wrong.
Gransnet forums
Gransnet cafe
Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »
