Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Soop's kitchen for friendly folk and precious pets...

(1001 Posts)
Tizliz Wed 21-Jun-17 13:37:19

being very brave here and starting the new kitchen, not too hot here so I can manage the move OK

soop Wed 21-Jun-17 18:12:13

Tomorrow I shall be doing ironing duty in the morning. I shall return asap when I return home. Bye for now. moon

downsized Wed 21-Jun-17 18:12:47

soop you are a gran in a million smile

Baggs Wed 21-Jun-17 18:22:18

Back as the thunder clapped and heavens opened. Minubags's comment, complete with shrug (I wonder where she picked that up?): "You just look like a normal old lady now." So apparently I didn't before ?. She's in favour of purple streaks to match my stookie.

ffinnochio Wed 21-Jun-17 18:29:03

Definitely a thumbs up B!

Gagagran Wed 21-Jun-17 18:43:45

Wow Baggs you look great - that is seriously good cut. Does
Mr B like it?

Charleygirl Wed 21-Jun-17 18:45:30

Your new haircut looks fabulous Baggs and please tell mini Baggs less of the old where you are concerned! I would not say no to a sprinkle of rain but I doubt if it will stop there.

soop sorry to hear about MacSporran but they do appear to be keeping an eye on him. The fish and chips sounds very inviting and I agree, a rather posh dessert.

Tizliz Wed 21-Jun-17 18:50:10

Baggs I think a purple streak would be good, if only I was so brave - not one for standing out from the crowd.

cornergran Wed 21-Jun-17 18:51:53

Agree, that's great, baggs. The only thing is minibaggs has got her generations wrong, you look like a normal young lady, less of the old smile. Hope you like it. I wonder how long it will be before you see your reflection and stop wondering who that person is? grin. Purple streaks? Why not?

Lona Wed 21-Jun-17 18:56:32

Love it Baggs ?

downsized Wed 21-Jun-17 19:09:32

Baggs! It looks stunning! Kudos grin

annsixty Wed 21-Jun-17 19:22:21

Pouring here but temps still in the 70's.
Like the haircut, it really suits you Baggs streaks would totally enhance it but they would have to be bright to make a statement.

PoshGran Wed 21-Jun-17 19:43:07

Baggs - lovely!

kittylester Wed 21-Jun-17 20:23:49

I posted earlier - what happened?

What I said was that your hair looks fabulous baggs, but you'd better make minibags needs an opticians appointment! grin

MawBroon Wed 21-Jun-17 21:18:23

Certainly not "old lady"!! That is a seriously sharp cut and (although I have only ever seen very fuzzy small,pics of you before) I think it gives your features a whole new delicacy.
12/10 at least!!

Crafting Wed 21-Jun-17 21:28:31

Great haircut Baggs. Really suits you. Nothing old about it (send minibaggs to see me if she wants to see what an old lady looks like). I must admit I quite like the idea of a purple streak or two. I think it would look good on you. Might make minibaggs think again about you being just like another old lady. smile

callgirl1 Wed 21-Jun-17 22:14:23

Love the haircut Baggs!
Soop, sorry to hear that MacSporran is not tip top, but it sounds as if he`s being kept an eye on. All best wishes for the August appointment, and the fish and chips with a posh dessert!
My new kitchen is almost done, there`s one slight disappointment, something I never thought to query because I took it for granted.......the sink unit doesn`t have a drawer, and we`ve always had a drawer in the sink unit. I now have to find a new home for all the "necessary" bits and bobs I usually keep in there.

oldgoat Wed 21-Jun-17 22:29:52

Love the hairdo baggs but what's your 'stookie' ???
Off to get mine cut and coloured tomorrow Shall I be brave and have 'foils'?

Jalima1108 Wed 21-Jun-17 23:35:51

That looks like a very good haircut and it suits you!

It will be easier to manage
You could spike it up, streak it if you want to anyway

Baggs Thu 22-Jun-17 06:55:36

Morning, folks, and thank you for the reassuring comments.

oldgoat, this is my stookie:

Charleygirl Thu 22-Jun-17 08:24:27

Baggs It shows how long I have been away from Scotland because it took more than a couple of minutes for me to remember what we call plasters.

NanaandGrampy Thu 22-Jun-17 08:54:51

Morning all !

Nice to see a sparkly new kitchen . Some things just keep on keeping on eh ;-)

What a brilliant idea Baggs but sorry to hear the pain has kicked in. Hope that clears up a bit today. But I LOVE the new 'do' . It totally suits you. Does it feel strange after having longer hair?

What a wonderful picture Downsized how proud you must be of them all. You're allowed to shed a few tears when they go their separate ways, once a mum always a mum !!

Welcome Atqui glad you found your way here ? Whereabouts in the world are you?

Sam is feeling heaps better and Grampy and he went for an early morning walk at 06:30, so both are now snoozing on the chair !!

Sorry to hear about MacS soop but the fish and chips sounded lovely !! And bread and butter pud is hard to beat although we went out for lunch yesterday and I had Strawberry Pimms trifle. I am common so was disappointed there was no jelly in the trifle but it certainly was a bit boozy and delicious.

Sounds like you enjoyed the library time Posh !

You too sound like a 'Super Nana' Soop , it means a lot to little ones when you can fix something in their lives. Boots was extremely helpful ( I did take a picture of him in on my phone with his little sad face) and replaced his cup without question. It will now only be an indoor cup smile now..... all I need to find is somebody with a Bugatti Chiron prepared to give him a ride and my job here is done !!

We are off to the garden centre this morning. I am going for cake...Grampy is going for something hose related ( I know not what because I wasn't listening !!)

A cooler day here is forecast , so hope all who have been sweltering benefit too xxx

Baggs Thu 22-Jun-17 08:59:36

Tedium-tastic today. They stressed at the hospital to come back if I got pins & needles. I've got pins & needles.

Charleygirl Thu 22-Jun-17 09:04:17

It is marginally cooler but still too hot. Tara came home at 11.30pm last night, waking me because she wanted me to know that she was home and also wanted cuddles. She was out at some ungodly hour. I would love to see some rain to clear the air but I do not think that there is much chance.

N&G I do hope that Sam is back to his normal self now, poor little mite. I hate it when they are like that because they do not understand that what you are doing is for their benefit.

I am so fortunate I do not like desserts, especially trifle but a Magnum would never go amiss.

downsized Thu 22-Jun-17 09:20:53

Oh dear, Baggs that's a nuisance. Hope you don't have to wait too long to be seen.

N&G what's this about jelly in trifle being common? I didn't realise there was any other way to make trifle and I'm far from being commongrin
It is DS's favourite dessert made with orange jelly and mandarin oranges.

DD1 left for the airport at 5am. I cried my eyes out when she had gone and still feel fragile and weepy. She won't arrive in LA until 3am tomorrow. A very long haul. I miss her so much.sad

I had DGD spending the night last night and she awoke at 1am feeling poorly. She had been a bit croaky during the day, but said her throat hurt. She has a nasty cough as well, so I haven't sent her to school today. I'm glad of the company to be truthful.

Tackled DS's bedroom this morning. Don't know how he can live in such squalor and I know I shouldn't be cleaning after a nearly 26 year old, but it gave me something to do to take my mind off DD1. Took me two hours, but it's smelling a whole lot better.

Well, I'm off to the hairdresser now. Nothing as drastic as our pal Baggs, just a wash and blow dry.

Hope you all have a pleasant day sunshine

MawBroon Thu 22-Jun-17 09:23:38

Hmm Baggs better get it over with and hopefully be reassured that all is well, than put a brave face on and find there is a problem, later.
How are you coping with getting about e.g.car?
Well we have had the briefest thunderstorm (?) ever and an equally brief shower.
I am trying to clear all the washing and ironing before my Sis-in-law comes on Saturday to look after Paw but there seems to be more every time I turn around confused
I suppose I had better get some Swedish Krøne or whatever too. Eek!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion